if you have not got it working yet did you try to go to options advanced options host routing tables hit blackberry button and choose register now. it is what i had to do i had exact same problem
    04-28-09 07:02 PM
    Chelsea under the host routing table find the bold one and click the bb menu key and view s there an ip address in there also a port number?
    04-28-09 07:28 PM
    yes, it says ip/ports: and has a sequence of numbers. it looks like its the same number under all of them (or at least the ones it will let me view) though, not just specifically the bold one.
    04-28-09 07:37 PM
    Okay now we are getting somewhere...are you 100% sure that your device is registered in the BIS? Just becuse a VZW dude said he did it doesn't mean squat....
    04-28-09 07:41 PM
    im pretty positive, i did it myself a few times, and then you get the little message on your phone from blackberry and it says your handheld has now been registered with the wireless network. i literally have 10 of those notifications in my inbox from yesterdays attempts.
    04-28-09 07:46 PM
    Ok great you are getting mail now all we need is a browser correct?

Do the following in this order

*22899 wait for it to complete
    options adv options host routing table bb menu register now
    battery pull....
    04-28-09 07:48 PM
    no the only thing ive been getting is the blackberry stuff, im not getting any other mail, but ill try that.
    04-28-09 07:51 PM
    Do you have emails setup on the bis????
    04-28-09 07:53 PM
    ya i set up an email on that
    04-28-09 07:54 PM
    ok go for it the instructions above...will see you back in about 5 mins....lol
    04-28-09 07:55 PM
    i just went thru what you said, *22899, registered and then did battery pull, and nothing.
    04-28-09 07:58 PM
    okay lemme think.....no browser icon anywhere correct.....
    04-28-09 08:04 PM
    yes, the only time i can see an icon for it is if i try and use the switch application thing, and it shows on there, but then it comes up with an error message saying :
    your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries.
    please contact your service provide to enable the browser on your device.

but ya....no browser icon.
    04-28-09 08:07 PM
    What OS do you have options about....
    Sorry i am stumped....
    i have a feeling you may need to call VZW dont use option o use option 3 straight to bb support.......

Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.
    Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device
    Took me some time to sift through the various responses on forums and various advice. In the end, it appears that they all boil down to two possible solutions (assuming that your blackberry browser should/did work at all, as in you have a data plan, etc, etc):

Send Service Books
    Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)
    Log in to your BIS account, as needed (yes even if you are on a BES). Create one if you've never done this before
    click service books
    Click send service books
    Register Device
    Click options
    Click advanced options
    Scroll down and click host routing table
    Press menu key
    Choose register now
    You can now exit. You should receive an happy email shortly
    04-28-09 08:11 PM
    Could be hidden, or just completely rooted. It should show up once activated by your service provider, so if it is not doing that, take it back for another one. Not worth the headaches.
    04-28-09 08:21 PM
    Mine did that after I upgraded my os. I went to options>advanced options>host routing table>bb button>register now. Worked perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 09:45 PM
    Had this happen a few times, very simple to fix.

1. dial *228 then press 2. Just wait till the phone says activation successful.
    2. then go to your service books in advanced options and delete all of them.
    3. then in advanced options go to the host routing table table and hit the bb button (menu button) and select register now.
    4. get online and go to blackberry.com/go/vzw sign in and go to service books and then send your service books.

Your icons should pop up in a bit and you'll be set.
    04-28-09 09:56 PM
    thank you to everyone that helped, i really appreciate it. i just spent an hour waiting at the verizon store to have the lady fix it in about a minute and a half. it was apparently a random setting on the account and phone that the useless techguy apparently should have noticed in about a second. it took a bit for her to get the email working right and she had to resend the service books a couple of times.

thanks again. :]
    04-28-09 10:26 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD