i need major help! i just got my replacement storm a minor touchscreen shattering accident with my last one (:[) and had noticed once i activated my new one, that the browser button as well as the applications button that you use to see what new applications are available for your phone were missing. so i plugged it into my computer and put all the stuff i had backed up from my original onto the new one, hoping this would solve the problem. and of course, it didnt. before anyone says anything, yes, i spent hours online and read through all the other threads and also read through stuff on other sites as well. i tried all the options: i resent the services books, i went into the 'host routing table' and re-registered, i restored the original theme i deleted the original service books and resent them. nothing worked. my browser is still missing and when i try and set up email it says 'An error ocurred. Please contact your System Administrator'.

after hours of trying to do it myself with the help of the internet, i finally broke down and call the verizon help number and was put on with a coughing, hacking tech guy that sounded like a less healthy (more inept) version of phillip-seymour hoffman. after telling me to do everything i had already tried, then resetting my account and resending the service books a few more times, he then put me on hold to contact blackberry's tech support. after trying one more thing that apparently they helped him with, that didnt work, he told me he would have to work on it some more tonight, and would call back tomorrow afternoon.

PLEASE! has anyone had this happen? can anyone help? i dont want to send this one back to get another new one, it took forever just to deal with getting this one. :[
    04-28-09 01:26 AM
    Are you running on BES?
    04-28-09 01:27 AM
    sorry im not completely blackberry literate, bes is like the business software right? that would be a no i think. its running whatever it came with
    04-28-09 01:33 AM
    Im not sure what else you can do. What OS are you running? Not that it should make that much of a difference. If you already resent your service books it should have come back with that. Im assuming you tried a batt pull to see if that would fix it. I would do that and resend books one more time to see if that makes any difference.
    04-28-09 01:38 AM
    ya the only thing i could think of is resending the service books and host routing table......sorry man
    04-28-09 01:47 AM
    ya i tried battery pull about a billion times, nothing worked. so im pretty much screwed it seems, unless the genius at verizon comes up with something different tomorrow, huh?
    04-28-09 01:53 AM
    I would reinstall OS.
    04-28-09 02:11 AM
    question. Are you getting emails on your phone? do you have a 1xev(lowercase) or 1XEV (UPPERCASE) as your signal status!?
    04-28-09 02:18 AM
    question. Are you getting emails on your phone? do you have a 1xev(lowercase) or 1XEV (UPPERCASE) as your signal status!?
    ooh, good point. Do ya?
    04-28-09 02:23 AM
    i have a 1XEV most of the time.

and no i dont think ive gotten any emails.
    04-28-09 02:35 AM

should help...good luck!
    04-28-09 02:51 AM
    *22899 didnt work :/

thanks though.
    04-28-09 02:56 AM
    When you got. The new phone did you change the device on the bis with the new pin and esn?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:59 AM
    yes, i actually had to re-register it because i couldnt remember the original password i had. and when i was on the phone with the man with verizon they deleted both accounts i had and re-registered with the pin and esn again and then resent the service books and such.
    04-28-09 04:18 AM
    Okay this may see VERY obvious, but are you sure those icons arent just hidden?

Hit the BB key while in the applications screen and hit show all.
    04-28-09 04:26 AM
    yes im positive they arent hidden, and the email isnt working either, i can get to the browser through the quick look thing, but once it opens i get this huge error message about it not being able to connect.
    04-28-09 05:04 AM
    Ok let's do this go to options adv options service book and tell me if you see the browsEr service book

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:33 AM
    ok i just checked and i dont think its there
    04-28-09 04:39 PM
    I dont' think it would be service book related at all, no reason to worry them further since you said you did a full restore from a back up. If you have been doing regular back ups, go pick one a week old or so and restore to that one. The restore does all the databases including the service books are all deleted and reinserted.

Also, try this. Eliminate your personal "stuff" by doing a complete wipe of the phone. Then register it on the network through Host Routing tables. That should cure the browser if it is curable. If it doestn' work there, you got you a bad phone and it's over. Unfortunately.

If it does work, then try your email service books. If that works too, DON"T do a restore. Just do a sync, and start over. Sometimes you've gotten something odd going on in your phone and doing the back ups then restores just perpetuates that "problem" of whatever and keeps it going...

To do a full reset, Optins, Security Options, General Settings, Menu Button, Wipe Hand Held.
    04-28-09 04:46 PM
    Dont wipe the handheld....if you are missing your browser service books like I asked you need to get them back obviously.....

So this is what we need to do

go to options adv option and host routing table and tell me whats in there should be a bunch of numbers...
    04-28-09 05:07 PM
    ya theres pages and pages of numbers
    04-28-09 05:32 PM
    and to the post before that, no, i dont back mine up regularly, i shattered the screen on my previous storm, but it worked fine, so i hooked it to the computer and backed everything up on it then put that all on my new one, so i dont have anything else besides the one back up to go to
    04-28-09 05:37 PM
    I had the same problem. I got a new phone last week because of dust under the screen. I couldn't get my e-mail and browser to work. Called verizon they didnt really help much. I upgraded my phone to .132, so I decided to roll back to .75. Then my phone was able to register with blackberry services and e-mails and browser worked fine. It was really weird, I didn't think OS would matter. After it started working i went back to .132 and everything works fine. Really weird, but try reinstalling the OS.
    04-28-09 05:40 PM
    how do i reinstall the os? ive never had to do that before
    04-28-09 06:05 PM
    If you are using the .132 OS and do a *228, for some strange reason it disables the data service. You have to do a batt pull after *228 to get the data service back. I doubt the OP has .132 if he just got his phone, but just for everyone's info.
    04-28-09 06:28 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD