I am often in very noisy places and can not hear the ringer on my new (VERIZON) BlackBerry Storm 9530 even with volume set to #10. Any suggestions on how to make ringer louder or how to get and install a louder ringtone? THANK YOU!
    Last edited by LivingInParadise; 01-14-09 at 08:41 AM.
    01-05-09 10:52 AM
    Are you telling us that with the preloaded basic ringtones set at 10 you can't hear it ringing? If so, then you either need a hearing test or perhaps this isn't the phone for you, based on your work or everyday environment. The Storm is quite possibly the loudest ringing BB to date... at least from my perspective.
    01-05-09 10:58 AM
    if you can hear the phone in some of the noisy places why not put it on vibrate?
    01-05-09 11:00 AM
    01-05-09 11:01 AM
    I agree, I don't think the ringtone volume is loud enough either. I just made a post about this earlier titled(ringtone volume). My Storm is set for the Ringer_ClassicPhone. I was in a shopping mall the other day with a lot of other noises around and I almost didn't notice my phone was ringing. And as another poster mentioned, my hearing probably is not as good as it once was, since I am 60 years old. But, I have other phones like the Razor, and a Sony Erickson that had volumes much higher. Thanks
    01-05-09 01:41 PM
    Go volume 10 and classic ring. If its still not loud enough just watch for people smirking at you expectantly throughout the day... it means your phone is ringing.

Remember where the ring comes out of, the speaker on the back of the phone. If you muffle it in a thick pair of jeans or a parka or something its going to be tough to hear on any setting. In this situation vibrate should come to the rescue.

Given all the other bugs folks have had it might be a problem with some phones, but I consider myself smack in the middle of the hearing-capable public and this thing holds its own against the loudest environs I visit.

Could always seek out the most piercing rings possible; go higher pitched and recurring on/off types. They are more quickly registered by our monkey brains against background noise. Or just snapup a B52s song and set it to volume 10. I challenge you not to hear that...
    01-05-09 02:15 PM
    01-05-09 02:28 PM
    If you Cant hear the ringer how can you hear the person on the other end? i work in a garage and can usually hear mine over the impacts and air ratchets.....then i just scream shut the ford up when i answer a call!
    01-05-09 02:32 PM
    Like i've said in other posts, im a person who justs like to have my phone obnoxiously loud. I listen to music in my car on the storm low. My hearing is where a 21 year old's hearing should be at. But when my best friends lg dare rings it is ridiculously loud. For example, Me and my friend had went to american eagle the monday before christmas, and this store was jampacked with people and it was loud from people and store music. His ringer went off while he was in line, and everybody turned and looked at him. I'm right behind him and my phone's volume is all the way up and i have vibandring, so when mine rang, i could hardly hear my phone, but i felt it.

I've done my best to amplify ringtones in audacity before sending to my phone, but it's only loud when places are quiet, i want loud in loud environments too.
    01-05-09 02:59 PM
    I am often in very noisy places and can not hear the ringer on my new (VERIZON) BlackBerry Storm 9530 even with volume set to #10. Any suggestions on how to make ringer louder or how to get and install a louder ringtone? THANK YOU!
    If you have music loaded on your SD card you can set any of your songs as your ringtone. Best option I have found thus far.
    01-05-09 08:07 PM
    Take the loudest ringtone that you like, load it up in audacity, amplify by 3-7 db (allow clipping), highpass of 100, save and reload into the phone.
    01-05-09 08:14 PM
    I have loudest ringtone volume =10, and I can't hear the thing ringing unless I have it in my hand. kinda useless.
    01-19-09 02:54 PM
    This'll get ya, if not let me know, I have others.....
    01-19-09 03:26 PM
    you can also have your phone ring and vibrate but you might have to dwnload an app
    01-19-09 03:29 PM
    Are you telling us that with the preloaded basic ringtones set at 10 you can't hear it ringing? If so, then you either need a hearing test or perhaps this isn't the phone for you, based on your work or everyday environment. The Storm is quite possibly the loudest ringing BB to date... at least from my perspective.
    Really?

I Kinda Feel That The Bold is Hands Down Loudest BB to Date-

I also feel that the sound is much more richer than the Storms.

Maybe I'm Just a Weirdo lol.

But Either Way the Storm is Definitely Louder than the 8830!

Maybe You Feel It's [The Storm] Quiet Because Of the Way It Lays Flat on its Speakers?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-19-09 at 03:34 PM.
    01-19-09 03:31 PM
    Maybe You Feel It's [The Storm] Quiet Because Of the Way It Lays Flat on its Speakers?
    The storm is one of the only phones that has 2 feet flanking the sides of the speaker in order to elevate it just so that the speaker isn't muffled when resting on a table.

Of course this is useless when the phone is in your pocket :P

Also, at the top left corner of the home screen, underneath the battery icon, is a speaker icon that you can click on to set your sound profile to "Loud" rather than "Normal (Acive)".

I must admit, my storm is loud only sometimes. Other time I would have the phone right next to me, and it doesn't ring or vibrate. 5 mins later the phone actually rings and I see I have a few missed calls.
    01-19-09 03:46 PM
    I've got mine set to alarm_quickbell, from the preinstalled sounds, which is loud as **** when set to ten. It cuts through my workplace chaos easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 04:35 PM
    The storm is one of the only phones that has 2 feet flanking the sides of the speaker in order to elevate it just so that the speaker isn't muffled when resting on a table.

Of course this is useless when the phone is in your pocket :P

Also, at the top left corner of the home screen, underneath the battery icon, is a speaker icon that you can click on to set your sound profile to "Loud" rather than "Normal (Acive)".

I must admit, my storm is loud only sometimes. Other time I would have the phone right next to me, and it doesn't ring or vibrate. 5 mins later the phone actually rings and I see I have a few missed calls.
    I Still think the feet don't help the sound much...

It Still has to bounce off the surface and flow to the sides-

I'm sure it would make a world of a difference if the speaker ports were to the sides like the bolds.

I remember Kevin Saying that the Sound is all about airflow, and thats why the bold has three distinct, large sound ports to allow the sound to flow freely and clearly.

The Storms sound seems "strained" and "muffled" all at once.

But Still, It gets the job done-
    01-21-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD