Guys,

My storm is on order and should arrive this week ( Fri or Sat ). instead of looking all over the forums for a post here and there on tweaks to speed this device up, can anyone make a list of steps to follow for the minute I turn the thing on to get a good experience. I think this would be beneficial to everybody.
    This is just an example of what I mean

1: update to .75

2: set typing/text speed to 1000 ( whatever its called )

3: uninstall the vz navigator thing if you dont need it

etc. etc.

I think a list of 5-10 optimization steps would make this a great thread for everybody.
    12-16-08 07:57 PM
    Yea its called this forum. Search, read, and be merry. Look in the stickies even if you want a lot of stuff in one place.
    12-16-08 08:00 PM
    10% back light to save battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:37 PM
    From what I have read about the Storm, the best "tweak" would be SEND IT BACK and get a BOLD!!

Sorry I could not resist.
    12-16-08 08:41 PM
    I'd go to .76 if you can still find the OS link.

TYPE TYPE TYPE! The more I used it, the more I loved it. I can blaze along pretty fast now. I literally just started an email to myself and typed stuff... whatever. Newspapers... thoughts... anything.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. As long as you delete apps you don't need you should be good to go. And if you have any questions, Crackberry is a WEALTH of information.
    12-16-08 08:42 PM
    From what I have read about the Storm, the best "tweak" would be SEND IT BACK and get a BOLD!!

From what I've learned from OWNING the Storm for a month now, just spend some time getting used to it.
    12-16-08 08:43 PM
    If you dont use VVM... delete it.....

Until you update to the new OS... dont put it on lock and mess with the accelerometer..... it will make your phone go crazy...

Get used to typing and youll love it. Dont use your left hand and reach right and vice versa... you will mess up 9 times outta 10
    12-16-08 08:48 PM
    Guys,

My storm is on order and should arrive this week ( Fri or Sat ). instead of looking all over the forums for a post here and there on tweaks to speed this device up, can anyone make a list of steps to follow for the minute I turn the thing on to get a good experience. I think this would be beneficial to everybody.
    This is just an example of what I mean

1: update to .75

2: set typing/text speed to 1000 ( whatever its called )

3: uninstall the vz navigator thing if you dont need it

etc. etc.

I think a list of 5-10 optimization steps would make this a great thread for everybody.
    open battery cover and insert paper.
    12-16-08 08:49 PM
    Yea its called this forum. Search, read, and be merry. Look in the stickies even if you want a lot of stuff in one place.
    +1. Honestly.
    12-16-08 09:40 PM
    From what I've learned from OWNING the Storm for a month now, just spend some time getting used to it.
    you speak the truth!
    12-16-08 09:43 PM
    +1 on the backlight brightness ... the backlight is pretty bright even on 10% and there isn't much difference between 50% and 100%, so I leave it on 50%.
    12-16-08 09:53 PM

Envy. Sorry couldn't resist
    12-17-08 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD