I don't know if it was due to upgrading to .85 but I just can't receive emails anymore. I have already sent the service books for registration but it still won't work! I have already looked at other posts but they only have problems with other added emails (e.g yahoo hotmail gmail) and even my yahoo email address won't receive emails! Please help me out a.s.a.p! Thanks
    01-09-09 06:53 PM
    Try options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu>register now...
    01-09-09 06:59 PM
    Try options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu>register now...
    already tried that...many times...still wont work! thanks tho
    01-09-09 07:02 PM
    Have you called Verizon? Did you just switch devices? Did you have a BB before the Storm?
    01-09-09 07:04 PM
    If he's on .85 - he probably won't get much mileage from Verizon Support.

If you've resent your books, done the battery pull, then log into your BIS setup, delete the email account in question and then re-enter it.

Have you called Verizon? Did you just switch devices? Did you have a BB before the Storm?
    01-09-09 07:31 PM
    happened to me already and i took it to verizon and they didnt know squat. try DELETING the emal account, and then creating that same one again. worked like a charm for me. hope that helps
    01-09-09 07:38 PM
    happened to me already and i took it to verizon and they didnt know squat. try DELETING the emal account, and then creating that same one again. worked like a charm for me. hope that helps
    Still wont work. I deleted them out of my routing table and everytime i try to created a new one it says that its already being used. Could it be because of the update that it doesnt work anymore?
    01-09-09 11:16 PM
    Ive Had The Same Problem With My Bb... Make Sure To Check The Firewall...that Was My Problem.
    01-09-09 11:17 PM
    I had the same issue. Called Verizon support. The ultimate fix was to delete and recreate my .vzw email. They had to get RIM support involved to help. I could have done it myself from the "registration web site"...
    01-09-09 11:27 PM
    did u switch devices ? if so u have to change the PIN associated with the email
    01-09-09 11:31 PM
    Try updating your service books:

setup folder

email setup

push BB button

select "service books"

select "send service books"

Worked for me, could work for you.

Good luck
    01-10-09 01:02 AM
    I have already sent the service books. Many times and it still wont work. I have deleted my account from the routing table and it still wont work because it'll say the email is already taken if I try to create it again. I do not want to make a new email because I'm still trying to access mail that was sent to my vzw.blackberry.net email address. Is there a way to just restore it from my backup? Something must have went wrong while the update. Let me know plz. Thanks everyone!
    01-11-09 07:26 PM
    I have already sent the service books. Many times and it still wont work. I have deleted my account from the routing table and it still wont work because it'll say the email is already taken if I try to create it again. I do not want to make a new email because I'm still trying to access mail that was sent to my vzw.blackberry.net email address. Is there a way to just restore it from my backup? Something must have went wrong while the update. Let me know plz. Thanks everyone!
    This really sounds like you might have two BIS accounts setup. The question has been asked a few times, but did you previously have a BlackBerry setup on the BIS? Is the Storm a new one for you. Do you have the previous PIN that you were using? Have Verizon to pull up the old PIN if you still have it and if the blackberry.net account then you will want to delete the new BIS account that you started and make a change of the PIN/MEID combo in the original BIS account and make the changes for all of your email accounts there.
    01-11-09 07:45 PM
    This really sounds like you might have two BIS accounts setup. The question has been asked a few times, but did you previously have a BlackBerry setup on the BIS? Is the Storm a new one for you. Do you have the previous PIN that you were using? Have Verizon to pull up the old PIN if you still have it and if the blackberry.net account then you will want to delete the new BIS account that you started and make a change of the PIN/MEID combo in the original BIS account and make the changes for all of your email accounts there.

In the routing table it showed that I had two and I deleted both but when I go to BIS online to create a new one, it tells me my PIN is being used already. Is there another way to delete/recover it all to avoid having to create a whole new email. I might have emails that I haven't viewed yet from my current email. Thanks
    01-11-09 07:53 PM
    Is the error that the PIN is being used by another ISP? If so you will have to call technical support. At this point don't delete anything. Technical support needs to step in and assist with this issue.
    01-11-09 08:06 PM
    I had same problem. Went into options>security> firewall> and dissabled all. Then re-sent servicebooks. Works fine now.
    01-11-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD