I bought an unlocked storm and cannot acess the internet through my browser ....I do not have a blackberry data plan is there a different way to make the browser functional besides the method in the tips n tricks section ?
    06-02-09 08:31 PM
    Pretty sure you're gonna need the data plan. As far as I know (free to correct me), you won't be able to surf the net without one.
    06-02-09 08:35 PM
    you MAY be able to browse an extremely watered down internet if you use your t-zones instead of internet browser. lol feel free to correct me if im wrong too.
    Last edited by wayfr; 06-02-09 at 08:43 PM. Reason: oops my bad.... youre on AT&T. duh.... i was thinking TMobile lol. sorry disregard please.
    06-02-09 08:40 PM
    Pretty sure you're gonna need the data plan. As far as I know (free to correct me), you won't be able to surf the net without one.
    yep you have to have BB data plan
    06-02-09 08:41 PM
    i can browse the internet on my other blackberrys just not this unlocked storm i bought
    06-02-09 08:42 PM
    i can browse the internet on my other blackberrys just not this unlocked storm i bought
    The instructions you need can be found on this page: Home ‎(BlackBerry Without BIS)‎. You need to download and install the modified service books from that site. And enter the Internet settings from your service provider under Options/Advanced Options/TCP/IP.

There is also instructions on how to enable email on the site.
    06-02-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD