So I went to europe with my storm and international usage. Good news is that it works perfectly in almost all countries. Full bars and 3g even in little ones. Anyways back to topic. I brought my laptop with me thinking my family here had wifi set up but no. So since I am staying at the current spot for ten days, I will need internet for sure.

My question is about tethering. I was so sure that I was set that I did not bother looking into tethering. Now I'm stuck. The question I had was about how to do it. I only bothered looking into tetherberry but I know I can do it through Verizon.

My question being is I know how tetherberry works; one time charge and then it uses the berrys data plan through usb. What I don't know is how verizon does theirs. Do I need a usb adapter to tether or can it go through my storm as well? I am looking for the cheapest solution because I will be here a month some. And a dedicated connection would be better than a wifi one, as long as I have my signal that is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 05:05 AM
    Verizon doesn't support tethering outside the US.

07-18-09 10:33 AM
    Verizon doesn't support tethering outside the US.

Is this for sure? Just want to double check

07-20-09 03:37 AM
    Triple check

07-21-09 07:47 AM
    Tetherberry might work, BUT it is prohibited by Verizon's Terms of Service. That is if they catch you they can charge you and/or cancel your account. Many do use it thou, but we have also read some horror stories. TB just has a one time cost, BUT like I said, it's prohibited by Verizon.
    07-21-09 08:09 AM
    another option would be PDAnet. it also is a violation of the Verizon TOS but it is only a 1 time fee of $29. as long as you dont stream pron or download a ton you should be fine. it can work with the EVDO 3g speed or on the 1X dial speed so it should also work fine with unlocked BBs on other sims.

PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem
    07-21-09 08:27 AM
    Thank you. I will probably go with tetherberry as they guarantee to give me my money back if it does not work. I also have an older hp winmo 5 phone that I brought as backup. So if anyone knows of tethering for winmo share the knowledge. I have heard of pdanet I think. But that was sometime back. Ill keep it as backup.

07-23-09 03:41 AM
    Can't find any info on pdanet and blackberry compatibility. While on the subject, does anyone know any good tethering options they might have used in their win mobile days?

07-23-09 02:42 PM
    Never mind.... Let someone else do the search. Its all on their website. They have a version for every phone. Will be trying both winmo and BB versions.

07-23-09 06:08 PM
    I am a satisfied TetherBerry user. I rarely have the need to tether my storm to my laptop, but it is nice to have it if I need it. I have used TetherBerry twice so far while traveling and it has worked like a charm.
    07-23-09 09:51 PM
    Can't find any info on pdanet and blackberry compatibility. While on the subject, does anyone know any good tethering options they might have used in their win mobile days?

LOL ... PDANet was from the WinMo day and before that Palm. I use both, Tetherberry and PDANet. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    PDANet ...
    07-23-09 10:46 PM
    I got pdanet for now. Going through their trial to see how it goes. It kind of sucks but so does my signal for right now (I'm on gprs at my location) so I will try it when I have edge or 3g when I go toward town. It was really easy to set up, but I have been hearing good things about tetherberry and am really considering getting it now that its half off, but I don't know if crackberry does the 30 day money back guarantee that tetherberry official site does.

07-25-09 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD