Ok...

The Problem:

I am having a problem on two fronts. One, is that my screen seems to go blank and requires either a batt pull or to add or remove something from the DM. As if that wasn't bad enough, I now have another issue in that when my screen is working, it is sticking on an image when the device has already moved on. For example, when I bring up the BB menu and select an option, after I have clicked it the menu and often the screen stays on that image requiring me to move my finger around the screen to get the appropriate image up.

What I've Done:

I searched for threads relating to blank or black screens on CB and nobody seems to have a common answer other than delete storm slider and/or reinstall the OS....so I did both of those. I have even wiped it with the JL Comd and reinstalled .148 no problems. After booting I noticed that the hang issue was still there and then after leaving it for a couple of hours running, I removed it from the holster to find that the blank screen has returned. I have also lost all of my downloaded programs like icallmanager and my downloaded apps. Thankfully the restore from the DM brought back my contacts and emails. The only upside is that my App memory has shot past 52 mb from the usual boot of 20-25.

I realize that am a relative newbie on here but am not completely useless with a computer in that I can read and follow directions. I am appealing to the geniuses that are on this sight to help me. If anyone has had this happen or can help me out it would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex
    06-28-09 01:28 PM
    Easy answer warranty .......looks like your screen is fubared....
    06-28-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD