Whenever I go to the bis.na.blackberry.com/html/ site to enter in PIN and EMEI info and click the button, I get the message, "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Services". Then, when I try from my storm, I get the same message. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've had this used 9530 for a little over a week and I'm having a problem setting up my email.
    07-02-09 07:40 AM
    have you setup your email thru the email settings option in the setup folder? if so, then you can just create your BIS login from the device in the email settings menu.

if you haven't done it from the device yet, and would rather get it started online, then go to blackberry.net/go/vzw.

if your "carrier" is correct next to your user name, then go to the Tips & Tricks forum for more info about how to get things running on a different carrier.
    07-02-09 07:58 AM
    have you setup your email thru the email settings option in the setup folder? if so, then you can just create your BIS login from the device in the email settings menu.

if you haven't done it from the device yet, and would rather get it started online, then go to blackberry.net/go/vzw.

if your "carrier" is correct next to your user name, then go to the Tips & Tricks forum for more info about how to get things running on a different carrier.
    When I enter my email address and password into the devise email setup, it tells me, "incorrect username or password". The phone is still recieving emails from the previous owner. Maybe they have the account password protected?
    07-02-09 08:09 AM
    I had this same issue when I sold my AT&T Curve 8310 to a new user.

When my AT&T service confirmed that it was canceled I wiped my blackberry hand held as directed.
    I had assumed that once wireless service was ended then all services associated with it automatically ended as well.

The buyer of my 8310 contacted me with issues concerning email push setup through the BIS. He was unable to create his own BIS user name and password as my old information was still active. He was even receiving my email on his newly purchased 8310.
    I was able to log in to my previous AT&T BIS and access my email setup, six separate accounts in all.

I had to delete each email account and created a generic password associated with my current user name. Provided him with that user name and generic password so he could at least open the BIS set up page.

From there he was able to create his own account with his chosen user name and password.
    I maintained contact with him and all is now working perfectly for our new BlackBerry user.

I was happy to have been able to assist a new user in achieving the satisfaction with his new device that I had experienced for so long.

I sincerely hope this helps you as well and would appreciate learning if my experience has led to your success.
    07-02-09 08:55 AM
    check your browser settings and make sure its set to blackberry not internet explorer or firefox
    07-02-09 09:01 AM
    check your browser settings and make sure its set to blackberry not internet explorer or firefox
    that has nothing to do with it.

easiest fix - call your carrier tech support and let them know the issue, and request that they delete the previous BIS account associated with your PIN# (found in options> status).

if that doesn't work, then you'll have to contact the previous owner and go thru the hassle that was mentioned about generic passwords, etc...
    07-02-09 09:13 AM
    that has nothing to do with it.

easiest fix - call your carrier tech support and let them know the issue, and request that they delete the previous BIS account associated with your PIN# (found in options> status).

if that doesn't work, then you'll have to contact the previous owner and go thru the hassle that was mentioned about generic passwords, etc...
    I have actually been to my AT&T store and to a VZ store and they both told me that they couldn't do that for security reasons. I can understand that. They don't know if the phone is stolen or what.

I've sent the previous owner several emails and have not recieved any response yet.
    07-02-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD