I have tried EVERYTHING possible to get my browser working.

Been on the phone with tech support for an hour and a half and after trying everything she suggested, nothing worked. She told me she would call me in a couple days and its been a week.

I tried the host routing table > Register now

I went to the blackberry website and sent service books.

NOTHING seems to be working.

I even took it to the Verizon store and they tried everything they could including calling a few numbers and such.

I have no idea what to do. My data plan is turned on. I can call and receieve calls fine along with text messages. Just no internet data whatsoever.

any ideas?
    06-03-10 07:17 PM
    I would ask Verizon to exchange your device if the problem cannot be resolved.
    06-03-10 08:26 PM
    I have the same issue!
    06-04-10 01:09 AM
    Only problem here is Im running on tmobile so getting a new device means money out of my pocket!! Hopefully someone can help me fix it!
    06-04-10 08:43 AM
    It just makes no sense whatsoever. and Verizon wont turn off the $30 a month data plan even though none of it works!!

Is it possible to manually update the software on the computer?
    06-04-10 10:54 AM
    I update the os and everything I could possibly update, I reloaded the saved restore files from months ago, I googled and youtubed it and did everything I could find and still nothing!! Interesting that its happening with verizon too...I thought it was just tmobile! Tmobile wont do anything as far as replacing the phone because its not a tmobile device..even though the fault is on their end! Did you speak with verizon about replacing the phone? Hmm but seeing as though they wont turn off the data service I doubt they will even do that for you! This sucks bad!!
    06-04-10 11:06 AM
    It just makes no sense whatsoever. and Verizon wont turn off the $30 a month data plan even though none of it works!!

Is it possible to manually update the software on the computer?
    Since you have Verizon, try here on your PC. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

If that does not work, ask Verizon to exchange your device.
    06-04-10 11:11 AM
    Since you have Verizon, try here on your PC. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw"]https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

If that does not work, ask Verizon to exchange your device.
    I tried sending service books thru the website already. Didnt work

I will talk to Verizon either today or Monday and see if they will do that. You think they will?

Its not under warranty or anything.
    06-04-10 12:27 PM
    Very strange, especially when you took it into the store and they couldn't make it work. I would A. After a courteous amount of time to allow your first tech support rep to help you, ask to be transferred to a RIM support rep. If that fails, then B. Ask to be transferred back to VZW and ask for a supervisor.

Do you have an insurance plan on the phone?

I tried sending service books thru the website already. Didnt work

I will talk to Verizon either today or Monday and see if they will do that. You think they will?

Its not under warranty or anything.
    06-04-10 12:32 PM
    Very strange, especially when you took it into the store and they couldn't make it work. I would A. After a courteous amount of time to allow your first tech support rep to help you, ask to be transferred to a RIM support rep. If that fails, then B. Ask to be transferred back to VZW and ask for a supervisor.

Do you have an insurance plan on the phone?
    No insurance off the phone. I bought it off a friend of a friend.
    06-04-10 02:46 PM
    Then the next step I'd try is to do a complete wipe and reinstalling the OS.

No insurance off the phone. I bought it off a friend of a friend.
    06-04-10 03:05 PM
    It sounds like this "friend" ripped you off, selling it to you with full knowledge that it is broken.
    06-04-10 03:17 PM
    Seriously, do a complete wipe and reinstall the OS. I had one (and really, only one) problem with my Storm 1 and that was after a year. Suddenly, my dial pad did not work. I could not place a call unless I did Voice Dialing. After repeated attempts to resolve the issue, I called VZW tech support, with no luck. They transferred me to RIM support with the same result. The RIM tech then said they were issuing me a replacement phone. The day it arrived, as I prepared my old phone to ship back, I did a wipe and reinstall of the OS. To my surprise, the dialpad worked just fine! It's worth a try.
    06-04-10 04:17 PM
    @ LAK611 It wasnt sold broken. Alot of people are having this problem, including myself! I had my phone 6 months and it worked fine til now. Tmobile and verizons data went out,I dont know when but it messed up alot of phones!

I did a wipe and reinstalled the os and rewiped and installed different os...didnt work.I found different videos and tried everything but nothing. I also followed all the steps the rep gave me..didnt work. Ill post the steps I was emailed

To switch to GSM / EDGE from the default setting of 1X/EVDO, proceed as follows:

Go to Menu.
    Select Options.
    Then go to and tap Mobile Network.
    Tap Network Technology.
    Next to Network Technology change the option from global or any other setting to GSM / UMTS.
    Next to Network Mode change the option to 2G.
    Register the device and initiate the download of service books:

Scroll to and select Options.
    Select Advanced Options.
    Select Host Routing Table.
    Press the Menu key.
    Select Register Now.

Service Books

Set the phone model to BlackBerry� 8800 from T-Mobile.
    Click the link Set up BlackBerry Internet E-mail.
    Enter in the PIN and IMEI number.
    Note: To view this information - Scroll to and select Options and then select Status.
    Enter a valid email address and password. (Optional - If skipping this step press cancel.)
    On the left column select Service Books.
    Send Service Books

Clear the network status:

Remove the battery to device and sim card.
    Wait approximately one minute.
    Insert the battery and power on the device.
    Check the device APN:

Select Advanced Options.
    Select TCP.
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: <Blank>
    Password: <Blank>
    Save Settings.
    Enable the browser:

Select Advanced Options.
    Scroll to and select Browser Settings
    Set all browser settings to T-Mobile (When Available)

If on the first attempt you cannot access the browser, remove the battery and sim card for one minute, then reassemble the phone.

This didnt work either!
    06-04-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD