I'm getting very frustrated. How do I change autotext options? Here's what I mean....For example, when I want to type the word, "ha" it automatically defaults to "ga." Every single time. Then I have backspace back to it, and pick "ha" from the drop down menu. There are several words like this, please help.

Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 02:44 PM
    Backspace to it, but hit "add to dictionary"
    07-16-09 03:32 PM
    Backspace to it, but hit "add to dictionary"
    I don't think that will make it the default word though for that combination. I'm not sure though so I may be wrong lol
    07-16-09 03:34 PM
    are you using sure type or the full keyboard?
    07-16-09 03:35 PM
    Just turn it off, it is waaaayyyy too much of a pain to deal with
    07-16-09 03:36 PM
    Just turn it off, it is waaaayyyy too much of a pain to deal with
    lol

If you are using sure type; the key is let the autotext do the work for you. Type the world in and select which one is the correct one. You will get the hang of it.
    07-16-09 03:39 PM
    are you using sure type or the full keyboard?
    suretype. with the full keyboard, it's not an issue. I prefer suretype though, coming from a pearl.
    07-16-09 11:22 PM
    Options->autotext
    Bb button->new
    Replace ga with ha

Do this with other ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 11:47 PM
    I could use help with this one too ...

The "replace X with Y" solution isn't ideal for me. Often, it's which word is DEFAULT that's the concern.

For example, "um" vs "im". I don't want "um" to ALWAYS be changed to "im", but I do want "im" to be the default.
    07-17-09 12:13 AM
    I asked this same question a while back and I was told that there is no way to pick which word it decides to show. I do know that the phone "learns" how and what you type so eventually it should pick "ha" instead of "ga." It takes a while though. I wish there was a better solution because I love SureType but this bugs the crap out of me. Hope this helps.
    07-17-09 05:46 AM
    I could use help with this one too ...

The "replace X with Y" solution isn't ideal for me. Often, it's which word is DEFAULT that's the concern.

For example, "um" vs "im". I don't want "um" to ALWAYS be changed to "im", but I do want "im" to be the default.
    That one is easy.

"um" isn't a word, so stop typing it!

07-17-09 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD