I have to download and install the .exe to my pc. i don't think i'd be able to do a wireless upgrade as i'm not on vodafone...
    03-16-09 08:51 AM
    i have a storm that i have bought it from the ebay and i have unlock it and currently i am using it with o2.but i cannot register with o2 bis because it says that is register with a different carrier. also i cannot set up the email because the only option is the enterprise and also i cannot see the maps?

do you have any idea what to do?

thanks

My Storm was registered on the Vodafone network (I had to use a VF SIM card to unlock it)

However as soon as my BIS service was activated on O2 I received the message that the handset had been registered with the O2 network.

I went to the O2 BIS site and could register my handset without any issues and set up an account.
    03-17-09 12:28 PM
    i have a storm that i have bought it from the ebay and i have unlock it and currently i am using it with o2.but i cannot register with o2 bis because it says that is register with a different carrier. also i cannot set up the email because the only option is the enterprise and also i cannot see the maps?

thanks
    03-17-09 12:36 PM
    Wyabcp,

i've too managed to upgrade from the .78 to .109 then a couple of days ago to .113

All good but even having deleted the vendor xml file i still get a vodafone screen on opening the browser
    03-17-09 12:59 PM
    Wyabcp,

i've too managed to upgrade from the .78 to .109 then a couple of days ago to .113

All good but even having deleted the vendor xml file i still get a vodafone screen on opening the browser
    If you set your default browser to Blackberry browser and any bookmarks set the options to blackberry browser, you won't get the vodafone screen...
    03-17-09 01:58 PM

thanks
    Not sure if this will help, but the following infor is on this thread page 2:-

On your Storm Go to options>advanced options>host routig table>click BB key & select Register Now

Then go into O2's BIS site & set up your e-mail accounts & send service books.
    03-17-09 02:02 PM
    do i need to have a contract sim card, or doesn't matter if i have pay as you go
    03-17-09 02:26 PM
    do i need to have a contract sim card, or doesn't matter if i have pay as you go
    I think you can get it working on pay as you go, however you have to pay extra for the blackberry service bolt on, that might be 5 or maybe it's 10 per month
    03-18-09 01:07 AM
    Hi
    I'm currently using a Pearl 8100 on o2 provided by my work. This is also integrated into our Corporate M/S email system.
    I'm seriously considering buying an unlocked 9500 Storm on Ebay where I've seen some good prices. My company will not switch to Vodafone for me so this is why i have to go out and buy my own device. However I have some questions I wonder someone maybe able to answer.

Will my o2 account work ok on the unlocked Storm ?
    Will I get 3G or just GPRS/Edge?
    Will the corporate email still work on the Storm ?
    Will GPS work?
    Will Internet work ?
    Do you think I will need to contact o2 to be switched to the correct data plan ?

sorry for all the question and I must appear very naive... I'm sure there are more questions I will need answered before I commit to bidding on one!

Look forward to your help as I'm very keen on replacing my much loved Pearl...
    Thanks
    I've just got a storm from Vodafone and I'm waiting for it to get unlocked from a local mobile accessories/repairs store so I can use it with my O2 contract. I was about to ask all the things above, just wanted clarification that there will be minimum problems with using my blackberry on the O2 network, I got in touch with vodafone about unlocking it with the pretence that I would be travelling a lot and needed to use it on a european sim - they didnt buy it! so is it just the vodafone specific apps that don't work - but internet and browsing is fine, say using facebook and checking my e-mail?! And also, will I have to edit my settings for internet use or will that occur automatically as soon as my O2 sim card can operate on my phone?! I'm a little naive with it all - I'm sure that much is obvious. Thanks.
    04-03-09 08:37 AM
    I've just got a storm from Vodafone and I'm waiting for it to get unlocked from a local mobile accessories/repairs store so I can use it with my O2 contract. I was about to ask all the things above, just wanted clarification that there will be minimum problems with using my blackberry on the O2 network, I got in touch with vodafone about unlocking it with the pretence that I would be travelling a lot and needed to use it on a european sim - they didnt buy it! so is it just the vodafone specific apps that don't work - but internet and browsing is fine, say using facebook and checking my e-mail?! And also, will I have to edit my settings for internet use or will that occur automatically as soon as my O2 sim card can operate on my phone?! I'm a little naive with it all - I'm sure that much is obvious. Thanks.
    My O2 GPRS Sim works fine in my unlocked Storm, no 3G though as our corporate contract with O2 needs management approval to switch to the new tariff, and I don't want to risk this. Everything else is fine, internet, email, blackberry apps store, facebook, yahoo... etc etc
    04-03-09 08:48 AM
    Do you have the Blackberry Unlimited tarriff from O2 ?
    04-03-09 08:51 AM
    My O2 GPRS Sim works fine in my unlocked Storm, no 3G though as our corporate contract with O2 needs management approval to switch to the new tariff, and I don't want to risk this. Everything else is fine, internet, email, blackberry apps store, facebook, yahoo... etc etc
    Do you have a 3G Sim ? If not all you need to do is call O2 & ask for a new 3G card, they'll send you one out for free & it doesn't change your tarriff.
    04-03-09 08:54 AM
    Do you have a 3G Sim ? If not all you need to do is call O2 & ask for a new 3G card, they'll send you one out for free & it doesn't change your tarriff.
    No it's a GPRS Simm, I took it to a O2 shop and asked for 3G simm, they said fine and gave me one, then they phoned up the office that transfers to the new service and they asked me who in my company gave authorisation for the contract to be changed.. I told them I would get back to them....
    company policy here is not to have 3G due to extra cost
    04-03-09 10:15 AM
    Extra cost for 3G over 2G ? Different contracts ? Never ever heard of that, very odd indeed.
    04-03-09 10:23 AM
    yeah, it's a corporate contract that we're tied into, with around 100,000 employees i suppose the contact maybe quiet significant
    04-03-09 10:39 AM
    That is some contract ! ...still dont get how O2 charge extra for 3G over 2G for corproate contracts not sure why 3G would cost more
    04-03-09 10:51 AM
    That is some contract ! ...still dont get how O2 charge extra for 3G over 2G for corproate contracts not sure why 3G would cost more
    yeah, the problem is though getting authorisation for one person (or whoever else sees my phone and is envious) from procurement management. they would probably be in contact with my manager asking questions like ... "why does this guy want 3g ? when all our corporate phones only support 2g ?"

rather keep it quiet
    04-03-09 11:21 AM
    Thank you for you help! I e-mailed O2 today too just to clarify that everything would work how it should, good news! - they said they'll give me a free bolt on for blackberry browsing, as I currently have an unlimited web bolt on with my current contract, very pleased! I think I already have a 3G sim so everything should work ok, I hope I don't have a bout of bad luck and something goes tits up?! :S

Oh!! Before I forget, I don't have a memory card with my Storm, in order to store media on it, do I need to get a mem.card or can I just save files to the phone as a device?! I popped the BB desktop manager on my laptop and noticed there were settings to save files on the phone as a device and wasnt sure if I still need a memory card.... I think I've confused myself here?!

Thanks in advance
    04-03-09 04:33 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD