Hello All,
    Background Information:
    Purchased original Storm in Decemeber 2008
    Got a refurbished unit January 2010 because of screen not clicking
    Dropped phone a few months ago and cracked the screen but have not had a problems because it.
    The Problem:
    I need some help on getting my Storm 1 replaced. For the past week I have been having battery issues. Starting the day off at 100% charge and 8 hours later completely shut off, no power. I went to a Verizon store where they gave me a new battery which did not help at all. Went back a few days later where the worker said that they couldn't replace my phone because it has a crack in the screen. I called customer service today and talked to 2 people about trying to get a new or refurbished phone to replace mine but they won't do it because I have no warranty left.
    Is there anything I can do to get a new Storm? My contract is up but there is no phone out that I want to get. They said I could probably use my insurance and get a new one but that cost $50. Any help is appreciated.
    Chris
    06-29-10 03:40 PM
    $50 to get the insurance replacement.
    That's the only option I know of. Even if you had warranty left from TEC or whatever; physical damage would prevent you from using it.
    06-29-10 07:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. Guess I will be calling the company tomorrow.
    06-29-10 08:56 PM
    From the way Verizon talked to me last week, they are officially DONE replacing Storms. Sounds like company policy to ignore you if you own a Storm.

Will be getting something different on July 15th along with half of us Storm users.

Better beat me to the store!
    06-30-10 01:10 PM
    From the way Verizon talked to me last week, they are officially DONE replacing Storms. Sounds like company policy to ignore you if you own a Storm.

Will be getting something different on July 15th along with half of us Storm users.

Better beat me to the store!
    That's not entirely true, at least for myself in my area. In the last month Ive gone in and gotten my storm replaced twice, no physical damage, all hardware/calling issues. Each time I receive a new storm. But the problems still persist. Very frustrating when they continue to give me the same phone I have problems with. Tomorrow Ill be on my fourth one in less than two months.
    07-18-10 07:46 PM
    I went through 3 in about 6 weeks and Verizon offered to give me a S2 as a replacement. I took them up on it and have not looked back.
    07-19-10 12:27 PM
    I actually just got back from a Verizon store to talk about options concerning my troubles with the Storm. I explained that this will be my 4th storm in about 2 months and the most recent was on July 9th. He looked into my upgrade date which was August 7th which didn't really do a whole lot today for me. He said the best he could do today was give me a replacement to hold me over till my upgrade. When he showed me the replacement, it was a Storm 2. Either Verizon is realizing that shelling out original Storms as replacements isn't doing much for repetitive claims or the CSR was extremely nice to me.

He did explain that the original batch of Storms produced had the most problems and many were sent back for repairs and after a few months a new batch went out from RIM that were supposedly bug free. Which was true for 6 months or so and then they started having the same problems as the first run.
    07-19-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD