Is it just me or it really difficult to navigate in the text field?

With out arrows to move the cursor around and edit text how can you move to a spot in the field to edit?

The touch doesn't seem to be too accurate for that.

Am I missing something?
    12-26-08 02:08 PM
    put your finger on the text field, without pressing on the screen
    wait for the cursor to change to a hollow square, and then slide your finger from side to side to position the cursor where you want to edit.
    12-26-08 02:12 PM
    I agree, I am not seeming to have much luck with text editing. I touch the screen without clicking to bring up the square cursor, but that cursor is hidden by my finger and I can never seem to get it to end in the right place. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 06:00 PM
    it take getting used to..
    12-26-08 06:18 PM
    I agree, I am not seeming to have much luck with text editing. I touch the screen without clicking to bring up the square cursor, but that cursor is hidden by my finger and I can never seem to get it to end in the right place. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

slide your finger down.. see what happens.. you could still use your cursor
    12-26-08 06:18 PM

yes, the cursor will be hidden under your finger, but there's a way around this.

say you want to edit the following sentence

"I love my storm and it kicks iPhone's arse"

the cursor will be at the end of "arse". Now... put your finger on the screen, but not right at the end of the word "arse", but a little further to the right, notice how the cursor will still change to a hollow square appearance but right at the end of the word "arse", while your finger is much further to the side. So now you can see the square. Now slide your finger to the left and you'll be able to see the square as it scrolls to the left of the screen.
    12-26-08 06:24 PM
    Yeah, just hold your finger on the screen anywhere, usually away from where the cursor is so you can see where you drag it.

12-26-08 06:32 PM
    ^ Exactly. Just put your finger ON the text, but to either side of where the cursor is and then you can see where it's at while you move it.

Though, I find it easy [easier?] to just click where I want to edit.
    12-26-08 06:37 PM
    This video is solid gold for those people who are still having trouble with editing text.

I was having the same problem but I saw this video and I was so happy!!

Hope this helps and credit go to the guy who made the video (not me).

Thanks.

Tom.
    12-26-08 06:44 PM
    Good tip.woooo hoooo I learned something new.

12-26-08 07:03 PM
    I had been having the same issue and using your suggestion but holding my finger any where else on the screen also brings up the little box and it is a lot easier to maneuver it if you activate this feature initially away from the text you want to edit, at least in my opinion. Never the less thank you because I was racking my brain on this issue.
    12-26-08 07:20 PM
    Great video, I just learned a few more tricks. Thanks

12-27-08 06:56 AM
    The video saved me from returning my Storm to Verizon. Had just about given up on the phone as I have to email a lot every day. Thanks for the best tip I have found so far. Every new Storm owner should know about it.
    12-27-08 11:27 AM
    Thanks a million. That was just killing an otherwise pleasant experience with my first BB and now I'm ecstatic. I can see why this site was recommended by the verizon rep.
    01-05-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD