I ran out of screen protectors and it'll he a few days befor I can ge more and I'm nervous about ky screen getting FUBAR'd. Anyone else have a naked storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:11 AM
    Mine has been naked for over a month now with no ill effects. I am very careful with it though.
    01-22-09 11:21 AM
    I wouldn't worry too much until you get more protectors:

01-22-09 11:22 AM
    Naked here for a month and never gonna wear a skin again...

01-22-09 11:23 AM
    It is made of glass so its pretty tough. I have been naked for about a month.
    01-22-09 11:23 AM
    I applied 1 screen protector when I first got the phone and have never needed to remove it. It still looks great and gives me peace of mind.
    01-22-09 11:24 AM
    Naked since it was born. I dont beat on it but I dont baby it either. No problems here.
    01-22-09 12:11 PM
    I never had one on (after I took the factory one off obviously) and my screen is still 100% flawless.
    01-22-09 12:14 PM
    Mine is naked. So far everything is good, other than some dust under the screen... but that's only noticeable on all black backgrounds..
    01-22-09 12:25 PM
    Ive heard that the screen is scratch proof but I have an invishield on mine just in case
    01-22-09 01:00 PM
    Mines been naked for about a week because I messed up to two screen protectors I had left. Mines been fine so far, I do use the sleeve case most of the time.

01-22-09 01:05 PM
    naked forever no nothing.. your a wuss
    01-22-09 01:06 PM
    have an invisibale sheild because i ordered it before i got my storm 11/21/08. works good, more grip for the phone, screen sensitivity is just as good. But i only put it on cause i had already dropped the 25 for a full body cover. if i get another storm or my next BB it will stay naked, they are sturdy and look sooo damn good with nothing on them. but then again thays why i opted for the .02 mm thich see thru cover huh?
    01-22-09 02:28 PM
    Thanks for all the replies I'm not fraeking out about my screen getting ruined now.
    01-22-09 02:31 PM
    naked is the only way to go....
    01-22-09 02:35 PM
    Naked and in pocket.
    01-22-09 02:38 PM
    I've had mine since 11/24 and nothing on it. I may get something soon, but not immediately. I've even dropped mine 4 times now (that I can recall) on hardwood floors and my wood bed frame. The wife picked up the jacket yesterday with my phone sitting on it and it fell FLAT on the hardwood floor. NOT ONE SCRATCH OR ANYTHING on it. I was floored, no pun intended. (lookup Maddox Mission on "no pun intended" )
    01-22-09 02:42 PM
    Yup. I've had mine for over a month and have used no case or screen protector the entire time. Get out a pair of scissors or your keys and try to scratch it - you really can't.

Maybe if you drop it from really high onto cement, but I'm willing to bet that the screen would crack or shatter in that case.
    And that's what insurance is for, right? =D
    01-22-09 02:57 PM
    i still have that film you get on the screen when you first get it out of the box... and i havent yet needed to remove it
    01-22-09 03:00 PM
    I should have left the original on and I wouldn't have messed up one of the films I got from Verizon, but I was a little excited when it came in and was tearing everythying off I could as fast as I could so I could use it as soon as possible.
    01-22-09 03:02 PM
    I ran out of screen protectors and it'll he a few days befor I can ge more and I'm nervous about ky screen getting FUBAR'd. Anyone else have a naked storm?

Mine is 100% naked, has been since day 1 two months ago. It's a decent piece of equipment. In another month you'll stop treating it like some new Xmas present and laugh at how an@l you were using screen protectors. Bet you polish it every day, right?

Would you laugh at a man who stuck tiny screen protectors onto his new sunglasses to protect them?

If you want something you can wrap in cottonwool, protect forever, and act like a poof with, then have a baby.

Don't know what you got, but mine's called a Storm. Not a Sissy.
    01-22-09 03:44 PM
    Mine is 100% naked, has been since day 1 two months ago. It's a decent piece of equipment. In another month you'll stop treating it like some new Xmas present and laugh at how an@l you were using screen protectors. Bet you polish it every day, right?

Would you laugh at a man who stuck tiny screen protectors onto his new sunglasses to protect them?

If you want something you can wrap in cottonwool, protect forever, and act like a poof with, then have a baby.

DIZZAMN SNAP! Agreed. I understand it's a mini computer, but it's a pretty structurally solid phone and can withstand some serious physical encounters. I plan on posting around mid May as to testify how well this device holds up over 6 months with no protection. If I get anything to protect it before then, I'll post my findings.
    01-22-09 03:47 PM
    Naked here for a month and never gonna wear a skin again...

Same here. I had the Ghost Armor on, but it had way too many bubbles and made the screen a bit unresponsive in cold weather. After seeing the scratch test back in december, i was happy to pull it off. Other than seeing a lot more finger smudges on the screen, everything else is more positive with the screen protectors removed.
    01-22-09 04:54 PM

I realize it's a decent piece of equipment, which is why I want to protect mine. I'm not sure about you, but unfortunately mine was not a Christmas present and I have a knack of dropping, scarring, and scratching everything pretty I have. In an effort to keep my screen looking as good as it can, I'd like a piece of plastic over it.

And yes, I would laugh at a man who put screen protectors over his new lense, but I wouldn't laugh at him for using a case when he takes them off his head. Ever think that I'm not worried about ruining my screen when I'm actually using my phone, but when I'm busy throwing it around my car or pockets with keys and all sorts of ****?

But I'm glad to know my Sissy can handle a few days uncovered.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-31-09 at 03:07 PM. Reason: langauge
    01-22-09 05:55 PM
    sorts of ****?
    Ooooooh, he said a naughty word. I couldn't see going without some protection on the screen. I don't even like to use my phone without the silicone cover. I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's sounds like the phone is pretty durable, but I don't like the thought of denting other parts of the device if it's dropped.
    01-22-09 06:58 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD