I did find any help for my problem using search so I ask at question seeking help. I seem to have a mystery application running in the background that I don't know what it is. When I press and hold the BB button I get the sliding window with all the open apps in it. Along with the browser app and the other regulars, I also have Berryweather running. You all know what that icon looks like. But I also have another icon that is just a plain folder. When I highlight the folder the description of "weather" shows up. When I press on this folder icon it freezes my phone for a couple of minutes and the screen will sometimes flash white. My phone will eventually respond again after a couple of minutes.

I don't know what this mystery weather icon is. I don't have any other weather applications installed on my phone. Battery pulls do not make this icon go away. When I go into Options > Applications there are no weather apps, other than Berryweather, showing on the list.

Any ideas on what this icon is? Is it somehow related to Berryweather? I smell a sinister plot that is somehow trying to take over my phone.
    10-03-09 02:06 PM
    LOL. I would definitely say it has to be part of Berryweather.

Close out berryweather and see if the "mysterious" app is still there.
    10-03-09 02:10 PM
    Its been talked about a few times. That is related to berryweather. The only way to get rid of it, probably, is to close berryweather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 02:26 PM
    I have the same app. i tried deleting it and berryweather went along with it. it seems like a bug in 5.0. Nothing to worry about
    10-03-09 02:27 PM
    I'd dump berryweather and go with the free weatherbug.....I've found no issues with it at all on my 8900.

10-03-09 03:48 PM
    its not an issue or anything bad, stop worrying about it. its part of berryweather and yes, it doesn't have an icon and is called "weather" just dont worry bout it
    10-03-09 04:26 PM
    I'd dump berryweather and go with the free weatherbug.....I've found no issues with it at all on my 8900.

Good thing we're all running 8900's here lol...I'm going to keep using berryweather. I paid for it and the "mystery" icon doesn't bother me any, so no reason to get rid of a perfectly good app
    10-03-09 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the replies on my mystery folder problem.

I have tested all the weather apps out there. At one time I had 7 weather apps going at the same time. Berryweather worked the best for me. Plus you can customize the radar function and that is a pretty neat feature I like to play around with.

Simpleweather was also a good one that worked in conjunction with Stormslider but I deleted both those apps off my phone until they get Stormslider working a little better with .230.

All the other weather apps, though good, did not offer anything real special.
    10-03-09 04:27 PM
    just click on it and when the phone freezes hit the end button. you will get an error message. then check and see that it is gone. thats what i do and berrywheather still works fine

10-03-09 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD