OK, here's my whiny sob story. If you don't want to read about just how many ways Verizon can make you mad, here's the end result - I'll get my storm sometime next week, maybe, and I'll probably like it.

Thursday:
    Called every Verizon store in town, including the Circuit City stores. The Verizon stores were up front in telling me "No way will you get the phone". I respect this. Circuit City had some different stories. Store #1 and Store#2 said "No list, just first come first serve. But, we'll only get 5." Stores #3 and #4 said "We have a list and you won't get one."

Friday, 8:00 AM:
    Hop in the car and head to Verizon store. As promised, I won't be getting a phone. No problem, they told me that. So, I head across the street to CC store #1 and begin my wait. They don't open until 10, but I'm the only one in line, freezing my *** off.

About 9:20, another gentleman shows up, and becomes #2 in line.

Around 9:40, a Verizon CC rep comes and asks us if we are waiting on the storm. We say yes. Are you upgrades or new accnts? We're upgrades. Well, the best we'll be able to do for you is order the phone, because we can only sell our phones to new accounts?

WHAT? I've waited and hour and a half based on something you said, and you can't sell me the phone!!!!

I'll skip the irate yelling I went though and get to the juicy part. I said I'll order the phone only if you promise me that this is the quickest way for me to get the phone. "Yes, it is. We won't be getting any more until December."

I order the phone. Get $50 off because of the troubles, but still walk away feeling relatively good.

Saturday:
    Wake up late, watch some football. Decide to call CC for giggles. Did you get any storms in? Yes, we got in 5 phones today, but they're all sold.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I COULD HAVE MY PHONE RIGHT NOW, BUT YOU AS**OLES DIDN'T CALL ME. YOU TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE NO MORE PHONES!

Skip to Saturday night, happen to walk into Best Buy for unrelated reasons. I see a gentleman buying a Storm. Ask, do you have any more phones? Yes, we have one. Will you match the price I got at CC? Yes.

We start going through the account upgrade, and BB can't complete the purchase because my Verizon account is locked due to the pending order.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

Call up CC, and ask them to cancel the order. "We can't cancel the order on weekends. You'll have to call Verizon and try." Call Verizon, spend over an hour on the phone with them.

In the end, Verizon is unable to cancel the order, and unable to allow me to purchase the phone at BB.

So, I had a Storm in my hands and was FORCED to walk away. The worst part about it? I still don't have a tracking number for that order. Maybe I'll get it this week? Maybe I won't! In any case, I'm completely hosed.

This damn thing better be worth it.
    11-22-08 10:19 PM
    Ouch. I will keep you in my prayers tonight
    11-22-08 10:30 PM
    Oh man i would be so mad! good luck babe!
    11-22-08 10:34 PM
    dont blame all of verizon, blame the rep that did not want to sell you the phone, although we are told to try to sell the phone for new acts before upgrades, we are still not allowed to turn down an upgrade, we obviously do get paid more commision for new accounts but it is his fault for your trouble. once you have an order pending, you cant really do anything about it, untill you get the phone in your hand. sorry for your troubles and il apologize on that reps behave.
    11-22-08 10:43 PM
    dont blame all of verizon, blame the rep that did not want to sell you the phone, although we are told to try to sell the phone for new acts before upgrades, we are still not allowed to turn down an upgrade, we obviously do get paid more commision for new accounts but it is his fault for your trouble. once you have an order pending, you cant really do anything about it, untill you get the phone in your hand. sorry for your troubles and il apologize on that reps behave.
    Thanks! The VZW rep I spent an hour on the phone with tonight was very nice and very apologetic. As much as I hate BB, I'm starting to hate CC even more. Too bad I ordered from one of the stores that will actually NOT be closed.
    11-22-08 10:47 PM
    My story is waaay worse buddy, but you guys can decide.

Here are the facts:

Went to Verizon store at 7am in Trenton NJ. Waited until 11pm when was told the phone was sold out(only 20-23 phones sold so far). Just around that time a fedex shipment comes in...9 more phones! Could that be good luck?

I am advised that i can now have a phone.....eventually. It is now 1pm. They are starting to ring us up. POS goes down. All sales are stopped and no activations can go through. Long story short...i dont leave until 3:45pm with my phone, but who cares i got one right? Nope!

My phone kept on freezing and eventually never turned back on...dead as a doornail by 9pm that night!!!! I was ready to give up.The next day I went to Verizon's "tech support" and was advised they need 2+hrs to check/fix my phone to eventually be told i am SOL and will have to order a new one and wait until December 15th. The rep refused to checkany stores and said that i couldnt even get any type of phone replacment unless i pay FULL retail price for it. HUH?? So basically i was then without a phone, and if i need a replacement i need to buy one!! Holy crap did i jsut spend my entire friday/saturday for nothing and get screwed that bad?

Well, i ended up buying another Storm at BB, they actually had a total of 45, with 9 leftover as of Saturday night. So i went to purchase my phone(one that turns on please!) ...however that comes to a crashing halt. Verizon shows i owe $868 bucks in a past due balance. WHAT!!!

of course this made no sence, and customer service would only tell me "I will have to call you back" but they sure didnt!...maybe they forgot LOL

They just told me it was an equipment charge of some sort, but had no clue where it came from or from when. Are you serious? Well, i eventually get a BB manager to find a workaround where they can sell me and activate my phone without paying a balance due that is obvously an error.

So now i have two storms! of course one is completely F@*#ed up!!

Between two days i have contaced verizon on nine differant phone calls,visited two stores and one BB store(thanks god for BB!).

The phone is actually great, and i actually dont blame Verizon reps. I serisouly think the system they run on is complete **** and find that the company itself really needs to reorganize itself....sheesh!
    11-22-08 10:51 PM
    Not sure what happened with you, but remember, at least you have a storm. I STILL don't have one and don't know when it's coming!
    11-23-08 12:27 AM
    I have that magic order too. Yea we ordered it she said it will be here tuesday she said. No order number no tracking number no reflection of an order at all. But the rep assured me again today that it was ordered. Your situation, way worse sorry and good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD