I think I am going to order it online and forget the store needle in a haystack biz!!!! What do you all think about online ordering for Saturday or Monday deliveries??
    11-20-08 02:12 PM
    I think I am going to order it online and forget the store needle in a haystack biz!!!! What do you all think about online ordering for Saturday or Monday deliveries??
    I'll be up anyway, so my plan is to call the area stores this evening at like 8pm to check on stock numbers. Do a drive by on all the best shots, if the lines are doable then I'll stay, if not I'll stop at IHOP get some breakfast and order my Storm through telesales.
    11-20-08 02:15 PM
    I was told if you order before 2pm and get rush shipping the phone will be on your doorstep Saturday monrning.

I was also told that the phone has wifi too so at this point I don't know what to believe.
    11-20-08 02:16 PM
    I was told if you order before 2pm and get rush shipping the phone will be on your doorstep Saturday monrning.

I was also told that the phone has wifi too so at this point I don't know what to believe.
    I think that is what I am going to do...less chance of limited stock that way.
    11-20-08 02:18 PM
    I'm gonna do a separate order for accessories just incase anything gets backordered. Don't want the Storm delayed for any reason!!!
    11-20-08 02:20 PM
    I would do it as soon as you can though. Every vzw rep I have talked to (even in store reps) told me to order it online. So I don't think you will be the only one. I think if you wait too long then they will be on backorder.
    11-20-08 02:21 PM
    I'm thinking there will be plenty of phones. especially since everyone keeps complaining about the storm. lol!! hey! maybe that's why the are being negative so they will be the only one in line lol!!
    11-20-08 02:23 PM
    I would do it as soon as you can though. Every vzw rep I have talked to (even in store reps) told me to order it online. So I don't think you will be the only one. I think if you wait too long then they will be on backorder.
    I will have the order processed no later that 15 minutes after its up. Plus EST time zone should see it online first at 12am right?
    11-20-08 02:24 PM
    I will have the order processed no later that 15 minutes after its up. Plus EST time zone should see it online first at 12am right?
    You should be fine then. No everyone will be able to order at 12am est time. The server doesn't know where you're located so once it goes online anyone will be able to order.
    11-20-08 02:30 PM
    You should be fine then. No everyone will be able to order at 12am est time. The server doesn't know where you're located so once it goes online anyone will be able to order.
    FYI -

I DO NOT think you can do expedited shipping/ Saturday delivery online. That would have to be done on the phone w/ a rep...
    11-20-08 02:31 PM
    I'm just worried about being awake for the UPS guy Saturday morning. I'm taking a friend to the airport around 3am so won't be home until 4. I'd almost rather an afternoon Saturday delivery haha.
    11-20-08 02:32 PM
    FYI -

I DO NOT think you can do expedited shipping/ Saturday delivery online. That would have to be done on the phone w/ a rep...
    Good Point!

Yeah you have to make the call to get expedited shipping. They also said they were giving deals on the shipping. I was told 20$ for overnight which isn't bad at all.
    11-20-08 02:33 PM
    I was told you can do Saturday online.
    11-20-08 02:41 PM
    I don't think so going by past phone releases.
    11-20-08 02:44 PM
    Oh well....Monday is cool with me.
    11-20-08 02:48 PM
    I did my order through telesales today. The rep told me the order will be processed first thing in the morning, at which point I will recieve a confirmation email. I also did the rush shipping, $19.99, and he guaranteed me I will have it Saturday. Woohoo!
    11-20-08 02:49 PM
    Yeah, I dont think so either...
    11-20-08 02:49 PM
    The other thing to note (besides no Sat shipping via online) is there's no guarantee the Storm will be available at 12 AM EST (unless I didn't catch any announcements from VZW).

For a previous launch of another VZW phone, it appeared on their servers around 3-4 AM EST on launch day.

Just an FYI in case you're hitting F5 around midnight.
    11-20-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD