So, this half of the day has been a roller-coaster ride. At about 5pm today I realized the touchscreen would not work...the phone worked and all, but it did not respond to touch. That being said, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't make a call, I couldn't check my messages, nada! I was so upset. Did a few battery pulls...nada!
    Long story short, I got my phone replaced...it was day 30 of purchase, 20 minutes before close at Verizon, and I made it. If I would of not been able to get to the store I would have had to wait a few days for the replacement phone and since I am an addict, that just seemed like ****.

Has anyone else had there screen stop working for touch? Everything else worked on the phone, the OS was up, the buttons worked and all. The VZW guys said they had not seen this happen before. I would like to know from anyone else.
    Thanks.
    01-20-09 11:58 PM
    And you haven't dropped it or sat on it? I haven't heard of this either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:05 AM
    No! The screen still depressed and everything. I mean the phone still looked perfect. The screen looked perfect, it just would not do anything if you touched it!!! rrrr...
    01-21-09 12:17 AM
    I can't believe no one else has had this problem on here. I guess it is unusual...of course if it were to happen it would happen to me. Just my luck. I suppose the VZW guy was right when he said he has not seen anything like this before. I liked watching him try to fix it...battery pull after battery pull! I think because I was a woman he didn't think I had the knowledge to know if it was really broken. If he only knew I was GadgetGirl327!!! hehehe
    01-22-09 09:41 AM
    So, this half of the day has been a roller-coaster ride. At about 5pm today I realized the touchscreen would not work...the phone worked and all, but it did not respond to touch. That being said, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't make a call, I couldn't check my messages, nada! I was so upset. Did a few battery pulls...nada!
    Long story short, I got my phone replaced...it was day 30 of purchase, 20 minutes before close at Verizon, and I made it. If I would of not been able to get to the store I would have had to wait a few days for the replacement phone and since I am an addict, that just seemed like ****.

Has anyone else had there screen stop working for touch? Everything else worked on the phone, the OS was up, the buttons worked and all. The VZW guys said they had not seen this happen before. I would like to know from anyone else.
    Thanks.

I haven't had that problem..... Yet... and I hope I don't....

And, I promise I'm not trying to sound butthole-ish, text doesn't convey proper tone sometimes...... But you won't ALWAYS have to worry about that 30 day window or an insurance claim.... We all have a One year manufacters warrantee on this device..... If it is a DEFECT of some kind we SHOULDN'T have to file a claim with insurance or worry about a 30 day return window...

If you throw, or drop or moisturize??? your Storm, that's one thing but I would say buttons falling off, defective screens and stuff that illustrates, for whatever reason that the device is "defective" that SHOULD fall under the manufacture warrantee... So I'm told.... By verizon reps... And you know how that goes....

I know, I know, every case is different and some may come back and say yeah you're wrong...... That didn't work for me...

All I'm saying is if I have a defective device and a year hasn't passed I'll be pressing the manufacture warrantee before I cash in on something else... Unless of course it's my fault then.. Whaddyado....

If my device is "defective" when I talk with verizon and they try to sell me on an insurance claim or say I missed my return window, then I'll be butthole-ish.

Just sayin'......
    01-22-09 09:52 AM
    I have had to replace a ton of devices under the warranty period because of defects. For the last five years I buy a pda phone twice a year on average. It seems like I always have to get it replaced for one reason or another. I have come to believe that pda phones don't wear well with such high use. But, what do you do? I could never go back to a "regular" cell phone.

I was just saying that if it were a day later, I would have had to wait for a replacement via fedex...meaning I couldn't exchange it in the store and I would have been out of my BB for a few days. I would have been lost even though I have a windows device on another line. I would of missed my BB so much!
    01-22-09 11:11 AM
    I have had the same problem. Happened out of no where. Was working fine, texting one minute then all of the sudden it wouldn't respond. I thought it had locked up or was lagging. Couple bat pulls, nothing. The buttons at the bottom worked fine, screen was on, ect... but the SurePress had failed. I have heard multiple horror stories about the button failing from friends and co-workers. They have actually "banned" storms at my company due to the increased issues that were occuring vs our standard devices and the setbacks it was creating. I made a post on this awhile back and someone had responded with a link on the engineering of the SurePress itself. It sure doesn't seem to me like it's very durable and I am fairly concerned about the longevity of the setup in general. I returned it and my new device WAS great. Slowly but surely the area around the edges is now becoming less and less sensitive to recognizing clicks. I think they should have put some kind of support behind the corners or something to alleviate the wear and tear on the single button setup. This is my only real complaint with this device. You are not alone.
    01-22-09 12:09 PM
    how hard do you press down on your phones. i hope you're not using all of your strength. i have a lunch device and works 100% well with no problems. *knock on wood*
    Last edited by Superballs5337; 01-22-09 at 04:50 PM.
    01-22-09 12:30 PM
    In my case on the device that failed I wasn't pressing very hard, or so I thought at least. I couldn't imagine I caused the failure as it's not like I jackhammer the thing to click it but in retrospect I have def made it a habit to be as gentle as possible with the new one though it also seems to have wore down gradually over time. It def doesn't click as good as when it was new. As I noted in my other post though this leads me to wonder how the SurePress will hold up over long periods of usage.
    01-22-09 02:09 PM
    I have had to replace a ton of devices under the warranty period because of defects. For the last five years I buy a pda phone twice a year on average. It seems like I always have to get it replaced for one reason or another. I have come to believe that pda phones don't wear well with such high use. But, what do you do? I could never go back to a "regular" cell phone.

I was just saying that if it were a day later, I would have had to wait for a replacement via fedex...meaning I couldn't exchange it in the store and I would have been out of my BB for a few days. I would have been lost even though I have a windows device on another line. I would of missed my BB so much!
    I have had the same issues with my smart phones. I had a Moto Q (garbage) and replaced it once before switching over to a BB Pearl. I had to get that replaced once. Then I got the Storm....I'm currently on my third one. #1 was just complete garbage and never functioned correctly in a variety of ways. #2....unresponsive touch screen. All of the sudden, and not all of the time, but enough that it was a serious problem. Three days short of my 30 days. Customer service said "take it in, get another one!" #3: PERFECT!
    01-22-09 02:40 PM
    Kara,

I can't believe you are on your third. I hope I don't have to replace mine again. And I hope you don't either.

I checked out your wallpapers! Nice. I liked them. I am going to send a few to myself. Thanks again.

Take care.
    01-22-09 04:49 PM
    well this weekend mine decided to only select the edge of the screen closest to the earpiece. the rest of the screen doesnt seem to respond at all.

makes it very unusable and I have no idea what to do about it.
    01-25-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD