Everyone keeps saying the order in which Storms are being shipped out appears to be random. Lots of us are seeing people who ordered after them have their phones shipped out before them.

I think the phones are being shipped out in the order they were PROCESSED. If you log into "My Verizon" on the website, then click "View Message Center" near the top next to your account number, and then click "View" next to "Equipment Receipts" it will bring up your receipt that shows the date your order was processed. I ordered online at 6:30 am 11/21, but my equipment receipt shows 11/22.

Can other people check this?
    11-25-08 07:31 PM
    Ordered online at 6:45 AM EST on 11/21, message center receipt says 11/23, greeeaat
    11-25-08 07:36 PM
    Everyone keeps saying the order in which Storms are being shipped out appears to be random. Lots of us are seeing people who ordered after them have their phones shipped out before them.

I think the phones are being shipped out in the order they were PROCESSED. If you log into "My Verizon" on the website, then click "View Message Center" near the top next to your account number, and then click "View" next to "Equipment Receipts" it will bring up your receipt that shows the date your order was processed. I ordered online at 6:30 am 11/21, but my equipment receipt shows 11/22.

Can other people check this?
    Probably also depends on which warehouse it's going out.
    11-25-08 07:50 PM
    I added a line to my family plan, the only thing showing up are the reciepts for my two lines I already have not the new third one...
    11-25-08 08:06 PM
    this came from a VZW CS for National Government Accounts.

this is what i was told, all orderers processed by 2 pm on the 21st, will be shipped today 11/25 and would have been shipped out, all orderes processed after 2pm on the 21st will be shipped on or after the 5th of DEC
    11-25-08 08:16 PM
    I just logged into my account and my receipt says that I ordered my phone at 1:37 Eastern time. I guess I'm lucky! I believe mine should be here tomorrow.
    11-25-08 08:43 PM
    I dont know what you are getting at really. My wife ordered hers on 11-22. The equipment receipt from that page says 11-22. But she was told it would be shipped "before 12-15"
    11-25-08 08:51 PM
    Theory is very possible. In the NY area (could have been all regions), the sales/ordering system crashed. I asked a VzW store employee about it; she said that store reps were registering transactions by hand (writing down account and contact info, method of payments, stuff purchased, all that stuff).

I would imagine that after the systems were restored, store and online reps were inputting all transactions (before-crash) to process them. If that was the case, then it would have taken some time to complete that task. In that case, those who ordered post-crash would've had their orders processed quickly.

This could be the reason for the inconsistent shipping times.
    11-25-08 09:25 PM
    I spoke to a VZ CS this morning (Tuesday). She said that anyone who ordered before noon on 11/25 would receive their storm on 12/5, and anyone who ordered after noon on 11/25 would receive their storm on 12/8. And since my order didn't clear until AFTER noon - even though I called before noon - I would be in the later shipment.

Looking up "My Verizon" receipt, though, it shows I ordered 11/21 at 9:17 ET.

Nor does this match what I was told by VZ CS on Friday or Saturday.

At this point, I am confident that VZ Customer Service cannot give me an accurate answer. I may keep calling every day, just for the heck of it, but I won't count on anything they tell me.
    11-25-08 09:38 PM
    Your theory is wrong! I ordered at 9am on Friday And my receipt says 11/21 9:08am I have no tracking info at all!!!!!!!! I am being told the 5th............................................... ......
    11-25-08 09:47 PM
    when I look into my account online I am not even seeing an equipment receipt for my Storm purchase that was made over the phone on Friday at 1:08pm. When I called today they told me that it would be received no later than the 5th...gave me an order number but no tracking number available yet. I was however able to talk them into giving me back the $8.99 for the 2 day shipping, the $20 they charged for the early upgrade and for some reason, they just went ahead and credited my account a total of $50. Big red must know how much the dropped the ball on this, otherwise I can't imagine a them just offering up a credit like that.
    11-25-08 09:55 PM
    You can't listen to the reps at all. I called yesterday for a tracking number, and the lady told me I'd get it on the 15th. Today, I received an e-mail with the tracking number and I will be receiving my storm tomorrow. She was dead wrong. I ordered it at about 9:30PM on 11/21.
    11-25-08 10:01 PM
    I ordered over the phone on 11/22 at like 10pm. There is no equipment receipt visible on My Verizon (except old ones from January and March of this year). I've called 611 numerous times, they say the order has been placed...we shall see.
    11-25-08 11:17 PM
    I think your theory is WRONG. Here is what happened to me.

I ordered mine at 5:00am the morning of the Release of the Storm, that is Nov. 21, 2008.

I am a new customer for Verizon. NO internet account has been set-up yet.
    Less than 8 hours later I received an e-mail from Verizon confirming my order and to my surprise it said my unit was Shipped and they gave me a Fed-Ex Tracking Number.

To my surprise on Monday, Fed-Ex showed up with my Brand New Storm.

So, New Customer.
    Ordered at 5am on Nov. 21, 2008, ONLINE Verizon Website.
    Received a Tracking Number on Nov. 21, 2008 from Verizon online confirmations at 12:30 pm.
    Fed-Ex delivered my shinny Brand New Storm on Monday Nov. 24, 2008.
    Activated that day with Verizon.
    Will be unlocked within 24 hours. lol

Yup, I am one of the lucky ones.

SBE
    11-25-08 11:33 PM
    dont be surprised if new customers get their storms b4 full retail or even upgrades. verizon has to give a good impression to new customers and even if they ordered later then an upgrade, they will most likely get pushed to the top of the list.... dont think this is wrong but with every cell phone company, the same guidlines apply.... so stop thinkin verizon is ****en u over or bad, the release was ****ed up to begin with, verizon is doing the best they can to fix it. would you rather of waited for 8 hours in the cold and recived a software minor issues fone, or would you of rather waited 8 hours in the cold and a rep tell you sorry the release date has been pushed to next friday.........
    11-26-08 12:04 AM
    Order processed... 11/21 17:55 ET and I got mine today
    11-26-08 12:04 AM
    I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to how they are shipping. Maybe the theory about new customers being bumped up is true..who knows. Mine was an early upgrade. I had even asked fro a supervisor because the CSR who initially answered the phone would not sell it to me for the $199 price..wanted to charge me the full retail. The supervisor took my order. It was somewhere around 11:30am on the 21st. At that time there was no mention of a noon cutoff or anything. I asked him when it would ship or when I should expect it and he said specifically the 25th..which was fine at that time.

I read forums all day and finally that evening since I never got an email, I called back and then was told my order was actually placed around 2pm. I told her that was wrong but then she mentioned that it had to be approved first or something and probably was delayed in getting entered! Uggh!

So..I still don't have it..called back twice..getting the same replies as everyone else...could be the 15th,could be the 5th..or could be anywhere in between that or maybe even earlier..in other words..we don't know anything until it ships.....sigh...

I jumped ahead 2 months on my New in Two and ate the $50 I would have got so I could have the storm NOW..not in mid December. '
    Just crossing fingers they exceed expectations and ship it early!!

Very lame handling of this by a technical company. Kinda scary their systems cannot handle all these orders...but they can handle a giant phone network...hmm...where is that guy with all those people standing behind him when it comes to their computer network????

Okay..enough venting for now..won't help get the storm any faster but I feel slightly better!

Cheers all!
    11-26-08 01:08 AM
    Looks like mine went through at 8:43am Friday morning.

With my monthly bill of $85 per month, and the $269 I paid for the Storm, silicon case, car charger, and $20 overnight delivery my balance was $354 and some change.

They credited me $20 back which would drop balance down to $334. But for some reason my balance shows $305 and some change now.

I'm not 100% sure why they credited me that extra $30. Hopefully it's their way of saying sorry for all the false information they've given me over the past 5 days. Not sure though... ???
    11-26-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD