I dont' know what happened, but suddenly my screen is "misclaibrated." It is like the digitizer is all fried and confused. When I press ont he screen it either doesn't recognize that I touched it or it highlights somewhere near by. It's the craziest thing! Help!
    09-22-09 02:13 PM
    1) Battery Pull (you've probably already tried this, but I'll throw it in there anyway)
    2) Clean the screen.

If those don't work, you can always try to reload your OS and see if that fixes the problem.
    09-22-09 02:20 PM
    there are issues with temperature and humidity that cause your touches to register somewhere else or not at all...does your phone feel particularly hot anywhere or is the screen oily or anything like that?
    09-22-09 02:26 PM
    I've done battery pulls, even used quick pull. I have cleaned the screen, my hands and everything else. The phone just is in my pocket throughout the day. There is no dust or any other deposit.
    09-22-09 03:36 PM
    Been seeing a lot of these posts today... what's your OS?
    09-22-09 03:39 PM
    I am running .167 and I was having some screen issues as well. Not sure what's going on. And it def wasn't the normal heat/humidity issue I have seen before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 03:49 PM
    I'll be honest... My storm worked fine for awhile and then I started having the same issues as you're having now. I figured that it was due to me dropping the phone some. I went inside a Verizon store and they handed me a new phone. Just like that. Now I haven't experienced any of those same issues. Period. (Knock on wood)
    09-22-09 03:59 PM
    Just the official .148
    09-22-09 04:02 PM
    That was the major problem that made me leave the storm.

09-22-09 04:02 PM
    Strange... very strange indeed.

To recap (in case I made a suggestion elsewhere and not here)

Battery Pull
    Clean Screen / Hands
    Wipe/Reload OS
    Wipe/Reload OS with Selective Restore (to isolate corrupted DB issues; it's a stretch, but you never know)

Outside of that, I'm stumped.
    09-22-09 04:06 PM
    Verizon is sending me a new phone overnight for tomorrow.
    09-22-09 04:07 PM
    ... and then there's that.
    09-22-09 04:08 PM
    Verizon is sending me a new phone overnight for tomorrow.
    yeah when they say overnight, dont expect to see it for at least 2-3 days....

09-22-09 04:19 PM
    Ha ha ha. That's true. It happened when I was promised overnight (ordered Friday Morning) to have it Sat. afternoon. I even paid for it. It came monday early evening. Wow...

I think I figured out the problem. But first, don't flame me...I realized my mistake, I got a charger off eBay that was supposed to be for a "Storm." I noticed that when I plugged it into the Storm it would start acting up. I would do a battery pull and it would work fine, until I plugged it in again on this ******** charger. So I am sending the charger back and going to cough up the 20 bucks for a leigit RIM charger for work.

As a side note, does anyone know if the new pushed YouTube app eats up the battery if it's running in the background? I usually leave work and still have 80%. Today, I"m leaving with 20%. I closed the YouTube app I accidently left open from last night around 1pm.

Thanks Crackberry members!
    09-22-09 04:37 PM
    It doesn't eat up battery. It devours it (along with your data of course).
    09-22-09 04:52 PM
    It doesn't eat up battery. It devours it (along with your data of course).
    Ha ha ha, that's what I figured! Thanks for the vivid language. I can picture YouTube literally devouring my battery with teeth showing.
    09-22-09 05:25 PM
    yeah when they say overnight, dont expect to see it for at least 2-3 days....

Not true, Verizon has always been specific on their deliverys for me, My first 4 storms came within 2 days, this is exactly what verizon told me. My most recent storm cam overnight just as they had specified. Regardless of what people say about the reps being in the dark, customer service and tech support are very helpful.
    09-22-09 05:27 PM
    Not true, Verizon has always been specific on their deliverys for me, My first 4 storms came within 2 days, this is exactly what verizon told me. My most recent storm cam overnight just as they had specified. Regardless of what people say about the reps being in the dark, customer service and tech support are very helpful.
    I don't think they are always in the dark. I think sometimes they do promise things that don't get done or followed through with which gives the reps a bad reputation. It's also a little bandwagoning to say that all Verizon reps don't know anything. I think the same applies to the Storm. Several bad experiences have lead many people always from the Storm. It's a pretty good phone but it not for everyone.
    09-22-09 05:32 PM
    Always make sure to close your apps after you use 'em! :]
    09-22-09 05:44 PM
    I was having the same problem this weekend. I was running .148 and the middle of my screen was unresponsive. When using the phone, the 2 and 5 keys would highlight but when I clicked the screen nothing would happen. 1, 4, 7, 3, 6, 9, etc all worked perfectly. On the home screen, I would touch BBM5 in the top right hand corner and an icon in the lower part of the screen would highlight. I thought that upgrading to .167 would solve the problem but it was more of the same. I thought it was humidity or maybe oil on the screen so I used lens cleaner and a micro fiber cloth and the screen was still malfunctioning. I did a couple battery pulls and a couple quick pulls and still nothing changed. I was about to call Verizon to request a new phone when my phone went back to normal. The only thing that changed is my location. When I was having all the problems, I was at home. Signal is ok but I noticed the signal going from 4 bars down to 0 and back to 4. I wonder is searching for signal constantly will slow your storm down to the point that the screen malfunctions???
    09-22-09 10:35 PM
    my screen is acting up now too...phone was cold, hands were hot and a little clammy...

it's from playing guitar hero, so get your mind out of the gutter!
    09-22-09 11:01 PM
    that sux for the non verizon storm owners like me i have a 9500, took a tumble with a cheap plastic snap case off the couch the other day
    10-18-09 06:28 AM
    Mine does it as well. immediately after I pull it out of my pocket. I figured the screen was to warm or something being in my pocket. So after I wait a few seconds it works just fine. Sometimes it feels like the button is stuck and I have to click around the screen a few times for it to start working again.

Last edited by Helicrewchief; 10-18-09 at 07:55 AM.
    10-18-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD