hello,

My storm has stopped backing up. It runs through and seems to get hung up somewhere around the "TSL" back up. It just stops no error code or reason. It doesn't even save a partial file

This is my second storm.. I left it on .76 haven't had any trouble until this.

What do I do? Can someone help?
    01-17-09 10:25 PM
    Check your third party apps. I had to delete podtrapper because it was causing backups to fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Montauk17; 01-18-09 at 03:36 PM.
    01-17-09 10:30 PM
    Clear your cache on your pc. That usually takes care of the problem.

01-17-09 10:31 PM
    Clear your cache on your pc. That usually takes care of the problem.

Yes, I concur with this post. Also, a memory clean does the trick as well as some have reported that clearing the cache does not always work.

options > security options > memory cleaning > bb button > clean now
    01-17-09 10:49 PM
    Clear the cache on your browser, not your PC. Fixes it 100% of the time.
    01-17-09 11:34 PM
    Ok so I've now tried all of the above suggestions. still no go. pulled all the apps off as well. I even tried a battery pull just before.

One new delevopment.. I tried an advance back up as well trying to work around the dead stop. when I did that I got an error message saying something like " lost connection could NOT complete back up"
    01-18-09 08:01 AM
    Advance backup one by one till you find the problem. Good luck.

01-18-09 08:40 AM
    Clear the cache on your browser, not your PC. Fixes it 100% of the time.
    I am sorry, but the cache on a pc can keep a BB from backing up. My browser cache on my BB is cleared everyday so it was my pc that was causing the backup not to happen. As soon as I cleared it on my pc and restarted my pc it did a backup.

01-18-09 08:47 AM
    The "clearing of the cache" is a direct solution for clearing the problem of backup or auto-backup. Even the folks at tech support couldn't diagnose it. An earlier post is one I found and it has solved it ...... no need to do anyhting else.

click browser icon, hit BB button, select Options, select cache operations, clear all! then back up to your hearts content!!!!

Ciao
    01-18-09 09:48 AM
    I hace cleared the cache on both my storm and pc. The backup fails whenit gets to AutoTextData Version. This happens every time. Any ideas?? Thanks
    01-18-09 11:09 PM
    Opps, I did not clear cookies - one done it backed up with out fail.
    01-18-09 11:19 PM
    thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Nothing worked. I called telus and their Data team said sounds like a hardware issue take it back. I did that (now on to storm number 3!) brought it home worked. backed up three time in a row and then it STOPPED again. New phone same problem. Long story short I called RIM directly they said $50.00 to talk to the techs or call telus and have them connect you. Called telus asked to talk to RIM. Telus changed their tune and they tried to help me this time..

So after a few hours on the phone we found a fix and it 's NOT A HARDWARE or A SOFTWARE or A 3rd Party APP..

My problem had to do with the TLS security options.?.!

Options -> security options -> TLS change the default from PROXY to handheld.
    Unfurtunately right after we did a handheld wipe so I don't know exactly which fixed it the setting change or the wipe?
    01-22-09 08:12 AM
    ok so what i just changed the "tls security option to handheld" and its still doing the same thing.. what gives...
    01-25-09 08:09 PM
    This complex problem needs to be completely straighten out by RIM. You can do all the "fixes" and not get the job done. Here is the strategy I use: when it fails, try to see behind the bad message as to WHERE it failed and jot it down. Switch to Advanced Backup and backup from right pane to left, choosing bunches of items at a time. Work around the bad item. This workaround strategy is needed at all levels of IT ! Be happy with what you have. I'll bet RIM is working this problem out POST HASTE !

Doctor Neutron
    01-25-09 08:18 PM
    ok so what i just changed the "tls security option to handheld" and its still doing the same thing.. what gives...
    Have you done a wipe?

It has happened to me since then. a wipe fixed it. I have narrowed the problem down to one of or a combination of the following 3rd partys apps

viigo beta - youtube or "QUICKPULL"

I've run it a couple days now with no 3rd parties and had now issues.

I have a good feeling it was QUICKPULL. as that was the newest addition to my apps. I'm going to retry viigo tomorrow and I think the manual batt pull is better anyway. All accounts state a batt should be out for up to 30 seconds and quickpull dosen't seem to have a delay.
    01-25-09 08:32 PM
    I also learned that it could be something as simple as an email or cookie that comes with the OTA apps. Telus data + network suggested a quick cache and cookie wipe and a batt pull after you load any app.
    In my findings anyway I have come to the conclusion that any of my problems with the storm (and I've had a few ..) they are all related to the 3rd parties either directly or indirectly.
    I quess I need to be patient...The Iphone killer is not ready to fight yet.
    01-25-09 08:47 PM
    Hi all,

Cleaning memory and browser worked for me. Thanks for the tip.
    02-03-09 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD