First off, I new to the whole Blackberry world, so I apologize if this question has been asked. i tried looking for some answers and found some solutions, but my 9530 is still acting up!
    I'm runing OS v4.7.0.75 platform 4.0.0.94. I had about 5 apps that I downloaded OTA, which I thought was the reason my phone was runing slow. I deleted those apps with desktop manager, and I also deleted the HELP features, which should have freed up a lot of space. But it seems like every time I really need to use my phone, it starts freezing up, not changing to landscape mode, and it just sits there and loads. I keep having to pull the battery off, which does'nt bother me one bit; but yesterday, I was in a car accident and my phone had been working all day, but when I had to use it after the horrible car accident, I started freezing up AGAIN!!!!
    I had no apps running in the background and I had erased all of my MMS's and text messages, web broser history,restarted the storm 3 hours prior to the accident.I feel like I have almost stripped my phone of all apps and messages, and it's still acting like a PIECE... a

any other suggestion?
    Last edited by 07silveridin; 04-22-09 at 06:52 PM.
    04-22-09 06:48 PM
    Sorry to hear about the accident..hope everyone was okay. All i can really suggest is make sure u close out every app when u finished using it. I know u said u didnt have any running but did you hit the BB button and select "close" i know CX stresses that in his lectures for new users. Also have you thought about upgrading your OS..its really not difficult to do and there are step by step instructions on how to do so here so. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    other than that im not really sure what the issue could be
    Last edited by s0c0m610; 04-22-09 at 06:55 PM.
    04-22-09 06:52 PM
    Sorry to hear about the accident..hope everyone was okay. All i can really suggest is make sure u close out every app when u finished using it. I know u said u didnt have any running but did you hit the BB button and select "close" i know CX stresses that in her lectures for new users. Also have you thought about upgrading your OS..its really not difficult to do and there are step by step instructions on how to do so here so.http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/

other than that im not really sure what the issue could be
    Gotta do it man! you won't recognize your phone!
    04-22-09 06:56 PM
    wow i hope everyone involved in the accident is okay. as far as your storm, it definitely should NOT be acting the way it is....pour some water on it and make an insurance claim to get a new one...lol just kidding. have you thought about upgrading your OS? thats an option...
    04-22-09 06:57 PM
    Gotta do it man! you won't recognize your phone!
    Hes right.. I really was amazed with the difference upgrading had on my phone
    04-22-09 07:00 PM
    Hes right.. I really was amazed with the difference upgrading had on my phone
    .122 is where it's at man!
    04-22-09 07:14 PM
    I agree with everyone else here. The upgrade to .122 won't make your phone perfect but it will do a lot to make it more usable. If they had released the storm with this OS I doubt there would be as many unhappy folks.
    04-22-09 07:40 PM
    .122 is where it's at man!
    indeed...and OP thats another thing u have to take into consideration if u wana upgrade..which OS? I prefer .122 and I know the majority of 9530 users do too however thats not ur only option...theres tons of info on these forums about each OS and its pros and cons. Trying them out and seeing which one is the best for you and ur device is ur best solution
    Last edited by s0c0m610; 04-22-09 at 07:43 PM.
    04-22-09 07:40 PM
    Sorry to hear about your accident, hope everyone is ok. Depending on when you got the phone hopefully less than 30 days, exchange for a new one. I've had my storm since March 3rd and haven't had any problems so for. Guess i'm one of the lucky ones, i'm still on .75. Good luck!
    04-22-09 07:51 PM
    First off, I new to the whole Blackberry world, so I apologize if this question has been asked. i tried looking for some answers and found some solutions, but my 9530 is still acting up!
    I'm runing OS v4.7.0.75 platform 4.0.0.94. I had about 5 apps that I downloaded OTA, which I thought was the reason my phone was runing slow. I deleted those apps with desktop manager, and I also deleted the HELP features, which should have freed up a lot of space. But it seems like every time I really need to use my phone, it starts freezing up, not changing to landscape mode, and it just sits there and loads. I keep having to pull the battery off, which does'nt bother me one bit; but yesterday, I was in a car accident and my phone had been working all day, but when I had to use it after the horrible car accident, I started freezing up AGAIN!!!!
    I had no apps running in the background and I had erased all of my MMS's and text messages, web broser history,restarted the storm 3 hours prior to the accident.I feel like I have almost stripped my phone of all apps and messages, and it's still acting like a PIECE... a

any other suggestion?

Upgrading is probably your best bet. It is easy just make sure you do your research. .122 is awesome.
    04-22-09 08:48 PM
    So where do i get the updated version?? Im currently running v4.7.0.75. I need the update my BB is driving me crazy lately. Im getting error messages, it freezes, my keypad has a mind of its own sometimes and it also shuts off on me out of no where! What do I do? Someoned please help
    05-02-09 11:25 PM
    You gotta do something to get your storm off the short bus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 12:35 AM
    Gotta love these id10t one post wonders....
    05-03-09 12:40 AM
    I'm having the same issues with my BlackBerry Storm 9530. I just got it about 2 weeks ago and no matter what, even after a battery pull, and making sure no apps but the default ones are running... It still runs sluggish, loading slow and the accelerometer doesn't change that quickly.

I know there is a new OS for my blackberry, I am running the same version as the thread starter OS v4.7.0.75. But I don't want to upgrade until VZW releases the final OS, or am I wrong to wait? I've just been unlucky with leaked versions of operating systems in the past. Can anyone suggest what I should do?
    05-05-09 12:08 PM

any other suggestion?
    Besides all the mentions of upgrading the OS (which i do recommend as well), how much app memory do you have when you restart your phone? The phone gets sluggish below 20, and even worse the lower you go. If it's kind of low, list your apps maybe we can help you figure out whats hogging up your memory
    05-05-09 12:15 PM
    Look everyone I just received my storm about 3 weeks ago. My boss was nice and switched me from the curve to the new storm. I have to say I hate this phone. I am sorry I got this phone. I told my boss that it was really slow a lot and he just put the latest update on it last weekend. Still no good. I try to keep everything deleted like emails,sms,mms, and other messages. I keep getting this small clock like thing spinning and things taking forever to load. A lot of these posts are older so I thought I would ask to see if anyone else is having this problem with the latest version and the newest storm.
    06-08-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD