Since May, my Storm has been having worse signal than other Verizon customers around me. Then, on Thursday evening, it started going into "SOS" mode more frequently. Now it is in SOS almost all the time (except, of course, when I take it into the Verizon store). It says I am connected to AT&T, and sometimes says "Searching for CDMA."

Verizon hasn't helped much, mostly they have been trying to sell me a razr, but I don't have an upgrade until September and want to make my Storm last until then. They had me wipe my whole phone, but that didn't help. I don't have enough service to dial *228.

I have read other forums that discuss this issue occurring with water damage, but I haven't gotten my phone wet and this has occurred over several months. Does anyone know why this would happen and what I can do to fix it?
    07-28-12 08:26 AM
    If you open your Mobile Network options (it may be called "Manage Connections" on your device), what does it have listed for Network Technology? If it's GSM/UMTS or even Global, try changing it to 1XEV.
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 07-28-12 at 11:04 AM.
    07-28-12 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD