My storm has always been pretty slow and laggy and frustrating. I installed weatherbug direct. It didn't work. So I uninstalled it and restarted the storm. The VCast icon showed up. I deleted that. Now my storm is extremely laggy. Anyway to fix this? Restarting the storm doesn't seem to make it run any smoother.
    11-28-08 02:14 PM
    Battery pulls

Service books

Try everything lol try searching the forums too
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 02:17 PM
    what do you mean with service books? are there known service books that you can delete to improve performance.
    11-28-08 02:23 PM
    How much free memory do you have?
    11-28-08 02:25 PM
    Yeah I've heard a rumor about that. Did you try a forum search or battery pulls? Deleting VZNav and Voicemail are the #1 fixes

11-28-08 02:26 PM
    I deleted weatherbug, but I still see "Weatherbug Settings" under the options menu. Do I need to go through DM to fully uninstall weatherbug?
    11-28-08 02:46 PM
    Yeah that could help. Try deleting a bunch of other stuff w/ DM too

11-28-08 02:53 PM
    Try and delete everything you will never use. It does help
    11-28-08 03:14 PM
    make sure you are actually closing all the programs, not just hitting the back button to get out.
    11-28-08 03:24 PM
    i just hit the back. is it possible programs are still running. is there a ways to see a "task manager"
    11-28-08 05:19 PM
    There is... hold down the BlackBerry button for about 2 secs... then you can scroll side to side in the "ribbon" of icons (running apps)... the ones that should be running always are:

BB Messenger
    Home
    App Store
    Browser

My Storm became extremely slow about the same time yours did... I had 35mb available... strange... I did a batt. pull and it helped tremendously.
    11-28-08 05:27 PM
    Mine got crazy bad last night. Then it completely froze with the screen on full blast white while playing back a mp4 last night. I waited like 10 minutes, then finally pulled the battery. That appears to have fixed the lag for now.

But it got really laggy before this happened, i have vznav and visvm removed, etc.
    11-28-08 05:30 PM
    Make sure you are deleting from option menu not just home screen

11-28-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD