Hello, i would like to think someone who is very smart can help me with my problem! ive had a blackberry storm 9500 for about 3 weeks now and it is second hand on Pay as you go, i recently turned it on and was texting away and suddenly the screen went into a fuzzy/staticness and just stayed there, i turned it off and on and it was fine and then when i started to text and such and the buttons would move to the top of the page and it would also get abit static, so i am currently trying to turn it on and it is just a blank screen and the red light comes on sometimes and the buttons backlight is on, other than that.. i cannot do anything to it? i have tried taking the battery out numerous of times and also i have tried updating the software, but still no luck. please someone help me! i am dying without my blackberry! thank you.
    06-16-10 02:34 PM
    removed, deleted
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-17-10 at 12:31 PM.
    06-17-10 12:22 PM
    Removed. Deleted.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-17-10 at 12:31 PM.
    06-17-10 12:24 PM
    Dang. This site acts up as much as the Crackberries themselves!

Admin, time to pull the battery on your server!!
    06-17-10 12:25 PM
    Does computer recognize your phone at all? You can try starting in safe mode: Dosconnect from PC. Pull battery. When red light starts blinking hold the back arrow button (esc) button until phone boots. You may have to hold for several minutes. this will start phone in safe mode. It keeps anything else from starting so you can try to find if it is a third party app messing you up. If that doesn't work you may have to wipe the whole phone so hopefully you've backed up your data recently.
    06-17-10 01:20 PM
    Does computer recognize your phone at all? You can try starting in safe mode: Dosconnect from PC. Pull battery. When red light starts blinking hold the back arrow button (esc) button until phone boots. You may have to hold for several minutes. this will start phone in safe mode. It keeps anything else from starting so you can try to find if it is a third party app messing you up. If that doesn't work you may have to wipe the whole phone so hopefully you've backed up your data recently.
    thank you for your reply, well I have tried that the light didnt blink it was just still, and it was still a blank screen with the lights of the back button was on, the computer still sees it? The only apps i have on there are facebook from the previous owner. How would i wipe the device?
    06-17-10 02:50 PM
    Do you have alot of contacts and info you want to keep on there? If so, try to make a back up with Desktop Manager or you will lose all info. Download BBSAK (blackberry swiss army knife) and wipe out the OS. (I always do the factory reset too.) Download OS here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/up...pdated-123176/

I would suggest to download Shrink-A-Os too to reload the OS because it will take all the trash off. Not as bad as it sounds. If I can find the links to BBSAK and Shrink I will post them back here.
    06-17-10 03:12 PM
    Or you can try this after wiping....BlackBerry - Device Software v5.0 - Download BlackBerry Device Software Today

That may the easiest thing to get you going and you can read all the other threads and get better info later....
    Last edited by gregs87; 06-17-10 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edit: fixed the link
    06-17-10 03:23 PM
    i am going to try it all now, thank you very much for your help (:
    06-20-10 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD