There's about a 1-2 second delay on everything I push now. I know it's normal when launching applications etc but when I am dialing a phone number I have to wait a good 5 seconds or so for the phone to finish inputting the number before I can hit the send button. Is there some way I can improve upon my storm's performance. This is a new occurrence that didn't happen previously.
    04-28-09 03:30 PM
    Battery pulls! What OS are you using?
    04-28-09 03:38 PM
    I am glad someone else has asked this. I have recently started experiencing this myself. I haven't done anything different or installed any new applications since this started. It seems to have just started out of the blue.

It is quite a pain when dialing and when a call comes in, it takes forever to answer the call, if it answers it at all. I have missed a number of calls in the last few days and have had to return the call because the Storm can't answer quick enough after pushing the "answer" button.

I hope someone has a solution to this.
    04-28-09 03:41 PM
    Yep sounds like time for a battery pull. Along with what OS, have you tried checking the memory to see where it is when this happens.
    04-28-09 03:45 PM
    well out of the 900mb or so of memory I have 893 available. I am using the latest os version...4.75 I think it is? or is it 4.7.70...whatever the latest is. I've done battery pulls but it's only a temporary fix. I've decided to almost fully reset my software. I uninstalled all old versions of software (messengers, facebook, etc.), removed all extra themes, and fully rebooted (ie. battery pull). So far the problem is gone. I'll update later on wether it sticks. I will miss using Blip tho...was a fun toy for my stalker friends.
    04-28-09 03:55 PM
    Ok..sorry for the stupid question, but what do mean when you say battery pull?
    04-28-09 03:58 PM
    I only ask because I have just pulled the battery and put it back in and it did nothing. Should I be doing something else?
    04-28-09 04:02 PM
    A battery pull is essentially a full reboot of the phone. Simply turning the phone off using the red hang up button only hibernates the phone. In order to do a full reboot of the phone the easiest method is called a battery pull. You open the rear cover of the phone, pull out the battery, wait a few seconds then put it back in. It causes the phone to do a full bootup of the phone OS effectively clearing the cache etc.
    04-28-09 04:03 PM
    well out of the 900mb or so of memory I have 893 available. I am using the latest os version...4.75 I think it is? or is it 4.7.70...whatever the latest is. I've done battery pulls but it's only a temporary fix. I've decided to almost fully reset my software. I uninstalled all old versions of software (messengers, facebook, etc.), removed all extra themes, and fully rebooted (ie. battery pull). So far the problem is gone. I'll update later on wether it sticks. I will miss using Blip tho...was a fun toy for my stalker friends.
    Again, I'll ask...get it right this time

What is your APPLICATION MEMORY

not your DEVICE MEMORY

There is a difference

Also, list your installed apps
    04-28-09 04:31 PM
    I only ask because I have just pulled the battery and put it back in and it did nothing. Should I be doing something else?
    What do you mean it did nothing?
    04-28-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD