Pee'd on by my 4 month old nephew. I let the device dry for a couple days and the only thing that happens when i put in the battery is the light on the flash turns on and the LED turns red. Anyone know whats going on?
    08-31-09 01:10 PM
    try drying it out in a bag of rice..

dont eat the rice....
    08-31-09 01:12 PM
    Wow that's a first a bb gets peed on. That's not good to here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 02:01 PM
    Oh.....my. Wow
    08-31-09 02:03 PM
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! All I can think of is those Calvin & Hobbes cartoons of Calvin peeing on something
    08-31-09 02:07 PM
    Lmao damn, hmm try taking out the battery and use a blow dryer but no too hot or jus take da phone apart and blow drye it...be very careful tho
    08-31-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah dry it out in a bag of rice as the other member mentioned.......that said sure that kid was not sent out by the "Jobs Mafia Ungineering Team" to destroy all good BB's? That's the jMUTSdivision
    Pray you can get it back running, we all gonna root for you buddy!!.
    08-31-09 02:16 PM
    I'm snorting my latte out my nose, but I definitely feel your pain. I have a three your old grandson that is still resisting the potty training thing and is running around commando (my poor floors!) and I can see this happening to me. Taking the battery out and hanging out in dry rice is the only thing I can think of. Can you send a bill to his parents for a new phone? I'll bet Assurion has heard of peeing on phones beore Of course, I don't have insurance...do you? Well, you know you've been eyeballing the release date of S2...
    08-31-09 02:18 PM
    Pee'd on by my 4 month old nephew. I let the device dry for a couple days and the only thing that happens when i put in the battery is the light on the flash turns on and the LED turns red. Anyone know whats going on?
    Pee is usually acidic almost like sulfuric acid........it might have shorted a few connectors internally........try to first get a very fine mist of distilled water around some connectors, then get a hair dryer set on very low heat settings, keep the dryer about 18" away from the device, then air dry it in front of a small desk fan, put in a bag of rice for a few days and then try again. Leave the battery out for goodness sake cause you dont want to apply power to any circuits yet till you can get that "acidic liquid" out. Hope you are savvy enough to carefully take apart the storm just down to the rear covers an dsome components. I am sure there are some videos you can find that will help you disassemble that storm.
    08-31-09 02:23 PM
    whats he doing pissin on your phone...?

I only let my 4 year old play freddy's falling
    08-31-09 02:28 PM

Just so happens to be a storm
    08-31-09 02:29 PM
    Sounds like an insurance claim to me.

Regardless of how dry you get it, or if it even works and I know its baby
    but I would not even think of putting that thing up against my face.

If it were me, I'd put the phone on Momm'ys or Daddy's pillow and invite the kid to do it again.
    Last edited by nulldog; 08-31-09 at 05:07 PM.
    08-31-09 05:00 PM
    Yes, insurance claim or try taking it to a VZW store and telling the rep the phone isn't functioning properly.......perhaps say that it appears to have a "leak" of some kind.
    08-31-09 10:25 PM

Not the first, one got dropped in a urinal too. Anyways, the BB is probably toast. Try the stuff suggested, BUT you might have to just bite the bullet and do an insurance claim. IF you don't have insurance, you might appeal to Verizon, and they MIGHT give you 2 year pricing on a new one. It's at their option, and I once had them do it for me when I had a phone stolen and did not have the insurance. I ALWAYS get it now.
    09-01-09 08:51 AM
    Pee is usually acidic almost like sulfuric acid
    um, no it's not. Human urine is usually balanced at around 7, but can vary a little unless you have some disease or disorder. I would be willing to bet that a 4 year old doesn't have any problems with the "new equipment".

Yes, insurance claim or try taking it to a VZW store and telling the rep the phone isn't functioning properly.......perhaps say that it appears to have a "leak" of some kind.
    it's an insurance claim, plain and simple. stop suggesting people try to scam VZW by "just don't mention it" tactics... that's how prices go up, because they're going to recoup the cost and have only the customer to charge. and if he does somehow get a replacement through VZW, would you really want to be the next guy who gets a ****-phone?
    09-01-09 10:33 AM
    ...it's an insurance claim, plain and simple. stop suggesting people try to scam...
    Wow, no kidding; it's an insurance claim, plain and simple. In fact, that's the first thing I wrote.

I would, however, like to think most readers (including the OP) would have recognized the tongue-in-cheek nature of the second "suggestion".
    09-01-09 11:46 AM
    the problem is that I've read a handful of other posts where the OP openly states "water damage" and there have been responses by people suggesting the OP doesn't mention it and just tells VZW that it's not working.

having re-read your original post after this one... I get the "leak" reference. hehehe
    09-01-09 11:56 AM

Regardless of how dry you get it, or if it even works and I know its baby
    but I would not even think of putting that thing up against my face.
    Ditto this! I'd never use the phone again, much less attempt to get it working. Write it off and claim a replacement.

That said, I'm trying to envision a scenario where one's BB would be low enough for a 4 year-old to do something like this.
    09-01-09 11:56 AM
    Was he aiming for it? Had he read some of the complaints about the phone?
    Sorry too good to pass up. Hope it works out for you.
    09-01-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD