I've had my phone since Black Friday, and haven't had any issues besides minor glitches in the camera and video camera freezing. Up until 48 hours ago, everything was working just fine. Yesterday afternoon, OUT OF THE BLUE I started seeing "static" looking black and speckled boxes randomly popping up all over the keyboard and my letters were jumping up into the white text box. it was annoying, but I managed to get thru it - swiping my finger over the boxes, or tilting the phone vertical to horizontal worked - but as I continued, it got worse.

So today, I go to the Verizon store, tell the guy what was going on, and I showed him what was happening when i was typing a message, and he suggests that a hard restore might solve the problem. So they do a hard restore on my phone, and it seemed fine, until I got home, and for some reason my "Compose" icon that I had on my home screen is GONE and I have no idea how to get it back, thats problem #1, and problem #2, the phone was fine for about an hour before the "static blocks" started showing up again, and so I pulled the battery, re-booted the phone, then it started to freeze while I was txting. So now my phone is off, because I am absolutely clueless as to what the F happened! My phone went from being awesome to a complete piece of crap in less than 48 hours.

So tomorrow (Saturday) I will be going back to the Verizon store to get a new Storm, and hope to God that it will hold me over until they come out with that damn update to fix all the glitches and optimize the phone, so that none of this crap happens again...
    03-06-09 11:02 PM
    I've had my phone since Black Friday, and haven't had any issues besides minor glitches in the camera and video camera freezing. Up until 48 hours ago, everything was working just fine. Yesterday afternoon, OUT OF THE BLUE I started seeing "static" looking black and speckled boxes randomly popping up all over the keyboard and my letters were jumping up into the white text box. it was annoying, but I managed to get thru it - swiping my finger over the boxes, or tilting the phone vertical to horizontal worked - but as I continued, it got worse.

So today, I go to the Verizon store, tell the guy what was going on, and I showed him what was happening when i was typing a message, and he suggests that a hard restore might solve the problem. So they do a hard restore on my phone, and it seemed fine, until I got home, and for some reason my "Compose" icon that I had on my home screen is GONE and I have no idea how to get it back, thats problem #1, and problem #2, the phone was fine for about an hour before the "static blocks" started showing up again, and so I pulled the battery, re-booted the phone, then it started to freeze while I was txting. So now my phone is off, because I am absolutely clueless as to what the F happened! My phone went from being awesome to a complete piece of crap in less than 48 hours.

So tomorrow (Saturday) I will be going back to the Verizon store to get a new Storm, and hope to God that it will hold me over until they come out with that damn update to fix all the glitches and optimize the phone, so that none of this crap happens again...
    Why the H is it taking RIM so long to update the software?
    03-06-09 11:17 PM
    Why the H is it taking RIM so long to update the software?
    idk... the .75 update came out not too long after the phone was released. RIM needs to come out with the update REALLY SOON.

Oh! and to add to my story, while I was waiting to talk with one of the customer service reps, I was talking with a guy who was carrying his THIRD Storm in to get it activated because the previous two all froze and had stupid problems.... all I can really say is wtf...
    03-07-09 01:46 AM
    this could be why RIM are bring out the 9520
    03-07-09 01:56 AM
    Hate to say it but mine started doing that or something similar and eventualy died within a few days. forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1816894#post1816894
    03-07-09 06:30 AM
    Update: Got it working for now. Went back to the Verizon store, and had them look at it. Basically theres nothing they can do, so I ordered a new phone. Should be here on Wednesday. Backed up all my stuff on the Desktop Manager. Awaiting arrival.
    03-07-09 08:23 PM
    idk... the .75 update came out not too long after the phone was released. RIM needs to come out with the update REALLY SOON.

Oh! and to add to my story, while I was waiting to talk with one of the customer service reps, I was talking with a guy who was carrying his THIRD Storm in to get it activated because the previous two all froze and had stupid problems.... all I can really say is wtf...
    Correction: Your carrier (Verizon) needs to release an update soon! RIM has been working pretty damn quick on the OS. If they are up in the .150's I'd say they have been working hard. Its up to your carrier to release the OS not RIM.
    03-07-09 08:34 PM
    Yeah uh, hey. I know you've already ordered the new one, but it sounds like your Storm was overheating. It has the similar effects to an overheating graphics card on a computer (freaky static boxes that appear that disappear when hovered over-etc).
    03-07-09 08:36 PM
    Correction: Your carrier (Verizon) needs to release an update soon! RIM has been working pretty damn quick on the OS. If they are up in the .150's I'd say they have been working hard. Its up to your carrier to release the OS not RIM.
    Correction?? I'm not bashing RIM in any way, shape, or form but, if I'm not mistaken, nothing has been officially released yet from RIM to Verizon besides the .75 update... Its not like Verizon has the .85 and .95 OS in their hands, and they are debating a release date. They want a once and done deal. According to the reps I talked to from Verizon, one of which is an actual BETA tester for certain phones, said that RIM is now BETA testing a finalized version for the update so it should be released soon. So, I stand un-corrected, RIM needs to release the update soon, because Verizon is waiting on them, and as soon as RIM releases it, Verizon will issue the OS.

Yeah uh, hey. I know you've already ordered the new one, but it sounds like your Storm was overheating. It has the similar effects to an overheating graphics card on a computer (freaky static boxes that appear that disappear when hovered over-etc).
    Ehh, I doubt its that. I have never had this phone overheat or get hot, and I'm on it constantly. My phone is cool to the touch right now, haven't used it since last night, while I was typing out a txt, the problem came back AGAIN. So I pulled the battery, and it has been off since last night, and I just booted it up, and it's still having problems. The screen is completely black. I can still make calls through the "Voice-Dialing Application" which works fine for now. Wednesday cant come soon enough!!
    Last edited by G_P; 03-08-09 at 04:35 PM.
    03-08-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD