So i dropped my storm in water overnight while i was sleeping (long story dont feel like telling) and the battery went dead but water also got into it and not that much water but i had .109 on it so what do i do cuz i cant put .75 on it again and any tips to wake my storm i already did the rice trick.
    03-01-09 08:45 AM
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Do you have insurance on the device? At this point, if it has moisture damage, it is really neither here nor there that you were running a leaked software version. In a few days you may be able to power it on, but I haven't heard that a software version could make a difference in this type of situation.
    03-01-09 08:50 AM
    You'll be fine, they should only worry about the OS if it's returned for defects.
    03-01-09 08:54 AM
    I'd try the rice for a longer period of time, a good 24 hours. The battery should probably be removed as well.
    03-01-09 08:58 AM
    So i just get a new one or should i wait
    03-01-09 08:59 AM
    I'd get a new one, but that's me. $50 you'll get the new device by Tuesday. I would be afraid it would effect the device down the road.
    03-01-09 09:01 AM
    yea your better off not taking chances and i mean there might not even be the option the phone could be totally shot especially with the design its easy for water to get in.
    03-01-09 09:04 AM
    thanks everyone i think ill get a new one and i hope i get a new not refurb its also a good thing i backed up when i got .109 cuz i dont usually just back up i also backed up 3rd party apps all i will need to download is appleberry update
    03-01-09 09:06 AM
    if you do it through your insurance you do get a new one the only time people get refurbs are through defect replacements when they do it for free i believe
    03-01-09 09:12 AM
    thanks everyone i think ill get a new one and i hope i get a new not refurb its also a good thing i backed up when i got .109 cuz i dont usually just back up i also backed up 3rd party apps all i will need to download is appleberry update
    I don't know about the Storm but on other Verizon phone models I have gotten refurbished phones that were as good as if not better than new.
    03-01-09 09:29 AM
    I don't know about the Storm but on other Verizon phone models I have gotten refurbished phones that were as good as if not better than new.
    agreed, I just got a refurb phone last week, and its 10 times better then my other storms I had
    03-01-09 09:31 AM
    You have to apart parts into pieces and let them dry for few hours or a day.. Then gather parts back together..
    03-01-09 09:51 AM
    Lesson learned, I'd say and spend the $50 dollars. It will help your mental being not to worry is the day my Storm finally dies from the water damage that happened in the past.
    03-01-09 10:56 AM
    I dropped my Treo in the dog's water bowl the first week I had it, dried with hair dryer completely dry. Lasted only three months before terminal weirdness. Insurance sent new one no prob.
    03-01-09 02:32 PM
    i want a new phone but i wish it would turn on today to see if i got any texts while it as off
    03-01-09 02:37 PM
    Instead of going through Asurion saying it got liquid damage and having to send the device back.....why don't you just say you lost it?

That way you don't have to worry about what OS was on there
    03-01-09 02:41 PM
    i was thinking maybe its not turning on cuz the battery is dead but it wont turn on as im charging it
    03-01-09 02:53 PM
    Instead of going through Asurion saying it got liquid damage and having to send the device back.....why don't you just say you lost it?

I believe you will need to file a legal report attesting that it was lost or stolen. This may be more of a headach. I once called Asurian drunk after smashing my old phone in celebration of the Giants winning the super bowl (I have since made more mature decisions) and they did not ask any questions. I am sure water damage will not kill your credit report or reputation with the company.
    03-01-09 03:13 PM
    Wish you the best with this

PS...the title to this post is really catchy!!
    03-01-09 03:21 PM
    thank u everyone im taking it to Verizon to see what hey wil do!
    03-01-09 09:38 PM

You either call or do the claim online, that takes all of 10 minutes. Then depending on the day of the week and time, it's shipped next business day. You take out your new device, put your old in the envelope, send it back in the mail. Call the carrier and set it up.
    03-01-09 10:51 PM
    You either call or do the claim online, that takes all of 10 minutes. Then depending on the day of the week and time, it's shipped next business day. You take out your new device, put your old in the envelope, send it back in the mail. Call the carrier and set it up.
    No clue why you quoted what i said, since your statement isn't relevant to mines . But he's worried about them somehow finding out hes got .109 for his OS then charging his account in full for the device.

I believe you will need to file a legal report attesting that it was lost or stolen. This may be more of a headach. I once called Asurian drunk after smashing my old phone in celebration of the Giants winning the super bowl (I have since made more mature decisions) and they did not ask any questions. I am sure water damage will not kill your credit report or reputation with the company.
    Nah, you don't need to file a huge report. When stolen, I've heard reps tell people they need to bring in a police report but that's incorrect as well. If lost, they just kill the ESN (Electronic Serial Number) on the device so it can't be used again and send you out another.

GO GIANTS! I ran outside into the snow after that game celebrating! lol
    03-01-09 11:20 PM
    So i dropped my storm in water overnight while i was sleeping (long story dont feel like telling) and the battery went dead but water also got into it and not that much water but i had .109 on it so what do i do cuz i cant put .75 on it again and any tips to wake my storm i already did the rice trick.
    Grab a ziplock bag and fill it with some rice. Drop all parts in the bag and close the bag.
    03-01-09 11:31 PM
    i just ordered a replacement getting new one tomorrow
    03-03-09 12:06 AM
    i have gotten my new storm its better than the first and now i have 2 of every accesory
    03-03-09 10:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD