This morning i woke up half an hour after my alarm was set for, then I went to go turn it on and nothing , put it on the charger...nothing, I even pulled the battery, and yes...nothing. I got my phone on the 13th of March, so I'm well with in the 30 days.

MY question is When I go to the verizon store today or tomorrow, how should I "prepare" for their little gimmicks, and is there anything I should know or ask the people at the store?

Your help would be appreciated
    03-30-09 09:24 AM
    Since it hasnt been 30 days yet, you should have no problem at the store. Some reps are just dicks and give you a hard time. But I actually got a nice one when I had to get a replacement for my other phone and she replaced it with a new one right there in the store. Within 20 minutes I walked in with a used phone and walked out with a new.
    03-30-09 09:28 AM
    Thanks, did they charge you a restocking fee? Thats the only thing I dont want is to have to pay even more for a 17 day old brand new phone
    03-30-09 09:32 AM
    No fee. You are returning a defective product. As long as you didn't cause the problem there shouldn't be any problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:39 AM
    Since it hasnt been 30 days yet, you should have no problem at the store. Some reps are just dicks and give you a hard time. But I actually got a nice one when I had to get a replacement for my other phone and she replaced it with a new one right there in the store. Within 20 minutes I walked in with a used phone and walked out with a new.
    Same here, I just walked into the store with no box not receipt nothing and showed them my screen click and they went to the back and grabbed a new on, changed everything over and it was done, I was in and out within 40 min.
    03-30-09 09:40 AM
    Yea I did not install leaked OS's or anything like that just the apps in My signature and I put music on it
    03-30-09 09:41 AM
    This is like the third thread started about storm's and not charging. I believe these people got lemons.
    03-30-09 09:47 AM
    Well hopefully my replacement is better and actually records and saves video too.
    03-30-09 09:50 AM
    Same thing happened to me last week, my alarm went off and a couple minutes I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. I took it to Verizon and it was a battery problem, they replaced the battery (for free) with a new one and IT WORKED! The costumer service lady told me not only charge for a few hours until the full battery logo came on, and not to leave it charging for long periods of time.
    03-30-09 10:11 AM
    This morning i woke up half an hour after my alarm was set for, then I went to go turn it on and nothing , put it on the charger...nothing, I even pulled the battery, and yes...nothing. I got my phone on the 13th of March, so I'm well with in the 30 days.

MY question is When I go to the verizon store today or tomorrow, how should I "prepare" for their little gimmicks, and is there anything I should know or ask the people at the store?

you and everyone else... we all know this, the storm is junk
    03-30-09 10:13 AM
    I already read your hate thread...Get out of this one please
    03-30-09 10:15 AM
    Shouldn't you go back to the Bold forum.... and here we were all thinking Bold people didn't bash.
    03-30-09 10:16 AM
    Well I got a NEW replacement phone today, very nice guy at the store, as soon as my turn was up I gave him the low-down, and immediately he said..." lets go get you a new one then"

VZW guys can actually help you.
    03-30-09 09:45 PM
    Good for you ,same thing happend to me with my 1st storm after a full charge I turn it off before I went to bed and the next day dead...I came in here and found some instructions that worked and got the phone back on how ever it scared the ***t out of me so I went to request a new one besides the screen was not clicking in all 4 corners...but yeah kudos to VZW front CTR reps .
    03-30-09 10:02 PM
    Good for you ,same thing happend to me with my 1st storm after a full charge I turn it off before I went to bed and the next day dead...I came in here and found some instructions that worked and got the phone back on how ever it scared the ***t out of me so I went to request a new one besides the screen was not clicking in all 4 corners...but yeah kudos to VZW front CTR reps .
    Yeah im never turnin this thing off unless I need a battery pull
    03-30-09 10:12 PM
    Same thing happened to me last week, my alarm went off and a couple minutes I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on. I took it to Verizon and it was a battery problem, they replaced the battery (for free) with a new one and IT WORKED! The costumer service lady told me not only charge for a few hours until the full battery logo came on, and not to leave it charging for long periods of time.
    Not your fault the csr is WRONG rim suggests to let a neW battery charge for at least 14 hrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 06:59 AM

Talk to The.Godfather on here. He knows everything there is to know about the Storm. He will be able to tell you that you had too many apps running and exactly what happened to it. He is better than technical support. He knows it all!
    03-31-09 07:45 AM
    I have had the same problem happen to me twice (both while traveling and away from my wall charger). If this thing goes completely dead it will be a bit of work to get it back. Have not discovered the exact method to resolve but if you have the USB charging cable it will not recharge... just stays black even after 14 hours of charging... and yes the computer was on lol.

If you have the wall charger and do not see the little battery charging symbol on the screen you have to un plug the cord and pull the battery, plug it back in and keep doing this until the battery symbol appears.. then watch it for a couple minutes and make sure the solid red light at the top changes to a blinking light. If not start all over... Once it is blinking, 20-30 minutes later you will have enough juice to charge using the usb cable...
    03-31-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD