My storm used to click very well. It was a deep click similar to what the commercials sound like. Now the bottom left quarter of the screen does not produce a clean sounding click anymore. It is hard to describe, but it just isn't the same deep smooth click. Anyone else have anything similar occur?
    12-26-08 11:29 AM
    Everybody's going to tell you to search for it......there are solutions out there. Placing a piece of paper under the battery has worked for some people.
    12-26-08 11:31 AM
    Same thing happened to me...

Business card between the back cover and the battery will fix this.

You can also try adjusting the torx screws located under the red sticker and directly across from it with a #6 i believe.
    12-26-08 11:32 AM
    It was a deep click similar to what the commercials sound like.
    I was under the impression that the sound on the commercial was only for a production effect and marketing. The noise shouldn't be very loud at all.
    12-26-08 11:33 AM
    I was under the impression that the sound on the commercial was only for a production effect and marketing. The noise shouldn't be very loud at all.
    It was not that loud, but it was that sound. Now that quarter of the screen produces a cheaper sounding springy kind of click.
    12-26-08 11:44 AM
    Everybody's going to tell you to search for it......there are solutions out there. Placing a piece of paper under the battery has worked for some people.
    Yeah, this is not what I'm talking about. I did the paper thing for a bit. Then I did the torx screw. That is for screens that need to be loosened to fully click. Mine does fully click, it just doesn't produce the same quality sound upon clicking.
    12-26-08 11:45 AM
    If it bothers you that much get a replacement. Mine was doing that same sound until I added a second business card behind the battery. Now every once in a while I will hear that sound. It usually happens at the bottom of the screen near the BB button and Back button.
    12-26-08 11:48 AM
    If it bothers you that much get a replacement. Mine was doing that same sound until I added a second business card behind the battery. Now every once in a while I will hear that sound. It usually happens at the bottom of the screen near the BB button and Back button.

I thought about this as an option, but besides this new issue my storm has had no problems. I see and hear so many different people with various issues with their storms that I am worried about getting a replacement that has more serious problems.
    12-26-08 11:52 AM
    Overtime, the more you press the screen that will happen. IF you get another replacement, it might happen again. Not worth replaceing it to be honest with you. The bottem of my screen seems like that to but its towards the main buttons and it IS the BOTTEM of the screen. I dont look at it as a big deal. It clicks either way and registers so thats good for me.
    12-26-08 12:08 PM
    mine does this too.

it's not like a hard press but its like i press and if i go further, i'll get a response but it doesn't produce that clean clicking sound i had when I got it. It's gotten to the point where it's easier for me to type with the buttons on the left hand side versus the right hand side.
    12-26-08 12:23 PM
    Overtime, the more you press the screen that will happen. IF you get another replacement, it might happen again. Not worth replaceing it to be honest with you. The bottem of my screen seems like that to but its towards the main buttons and it IS the BOTTEM of the screen. I dont look at it as a big deal. It clicks either way and registers so thats good for me.
    I agree. People chasing around 4-5 replacements for a perfect clicking screen are never going to be satisfied.
    12-26-08 12:25 PM
    Yeah I know what you mean but it doesn't bother me benause now I can text in clas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 12:32 PM
    lol I know, Some people look for something so perfect when it hasnt been out long enough to see how it actually should be. Verizon is probably having a hard time.
    12-26-08 01:55 PM
    lol I know, Some people look for something so perfect when it hasnt been out long enough to see how it actually should be. Verizon is probably having a hard time.
    i understand this is the risk of being an early adopter, but you do expect a quality product when you pay a couple hundred dollars for an item.

This problem seems to be going in and out. Sometimes it clicks nicely and sometimes it doesn't. Does anybody have an idea for a fix for this mechanical problem?
    12-27-08 03:00 PM
    Nobody has come up with a fix for this?
    12-29-08 07:21 PM
    Nobody has come up with a fix for this?
    Here is my fix.

"http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ultimate-official-tips-tricks-only-100612/index44.html#post1284268"
    12-29-08 09:21 PM
    Here is my fix.

"http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ultimate-official-tips-tricks-only-100612/index44.html#post1284268"
    I don't believe that is my issue. My clicking is not stiff. It is just clicking oddly (didn't feel or sound the same as the rest of the screen). Feels like a crappy phone. It seems to come and go a bit. But is "here" more often than not.
    12-29-08 09:29 PM
    I don't believe that is my issue. My clicking is not stiff. It is just clicking oddly (didn't feel or sound the same as the rest of the screen). Feels like a crappy phone. It seems to come and go a bit. But is "here" more often than not.
    Yes, you are describing the exact symptoms I was having before it stopped clicking completely. That little spacer shifted to a spot where clicking is not the same as when you first got it.
    12-29-08 09:33 PM
    Well, if that's the biggest problem you have this week, you're doing pretty good
    12-29-08 09:35 PM
    Yes, you are describing the exact symptoms I was having before it stopped clicking completely. That little spacer shifted to a spot where clicking is not the same as when you first got it.
    How would you describe how yours sounded? Instead of one distinct click mine sounds like a couple quick clicks. Kind of a tinnier springy sound. Is this something a Verizon store tech could fix for me?
    12-29-08 09:56 PM
    How would you describe how yours sounded? Instead of one distinct click mine sounds like a couple quick clicks. Kind of a tinnier springy sound. Is this something a Verizon store tech could fix for me?
    Holding the Storm with the lock and mute button to the left, my screen had a harder time clicking on the left corners. The click sound was not crisp dull and needed a little force. I tried the business card trick but that didnt work. This is my second Storm because my first one had the same problem so when this happened to me again I wanted to see for myself what was going on under the hood. When I fixed the problem my phone clicks like new. All four corners of the screen clicks loud and crisp like on tv. Im happy but I already called for a third replacement before I decided to disassemble this one.
    12-29-08 10:38 PM
    My click is a bit different near the edges but I think this is do to other apps still processing in the background. The Close on the menu in either portrait or landscape definitely have a different feel to them. I don't want to replace the unit as I am sure pretty soon we will all be getting the same ones back as refurbs
    12-29-08 10:47 PM
    My click sounds like "CLICK" ... does your click ound like my click?
    12-29-08 11:04 PM
    I have owned a storm for a week or so now. I have a small clicking problem going on in the bottom middle of the screen. It seems a bit hard to press down and such there. I have tried the card trick but it only seems to make the top part of the screen easier to push. How do I fix the bottom middle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 02:04 PM
    Are you still able to do what you need to do?
    12-30-08 02:06 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD