Anybody notice their accelerometer being JANKY? Many times, after "waking up" the phone, it gets stuck in the horinzontal mode and won't go back. No matter how many times I shake the phone, turn it this way that way upside down, inside out, it gets STUCK?!?!?! It's driving me insane... I tried turning off the phone 3x and it stilll does it.

In addition to that, it's a bit laggy at times when going through applications exiting and entering another application.

Anybody else experience this? Are there any updates to the OS? I have 4.7.0.65.
    11-21-08 09:40 PM
    Someone said that if you do a battery pull, it will be more responsive.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    Which application were you using? Some application has the orientation locked, such as Phone app, video player.
    11-21-08 09:41 PM
    Someone said that if you do a battery pull, it will be more responsive.
    Thanks, I will give it a shot.

Which application were you using? Some application has the orientation locked, such as Phone app, video player.
    Hm, just going from the media folder to main screen. Or from settings subset to the main screen, it seems to be a bit laggy. I don't have HIGH expectations, but it's noticeably SLUGGISH.
    11-21-08 09:46 PM
    Mine just flat out doesn't turn sometimes. I am stuck in landscape mode or portrait no matter how much i turn, flick the device, shake it...(sigh) big dissappoint. I know that these things aren't perfect b/c of their OS downgrade that we're currently on, but this accelerometer is really putting a damper on this thing for me.

However, I am still in love with it
    11-21-08 09:51 PM
    hmm so far no problems with mine other then the 1.5 sec delay
    11-21-08 09:52 PM
    Mine does the same thing occasionally. I doubt it's the accelerometer. Probably software. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I refuse to believe that I'm among the lucky few that got a Storm by 8 this morning and it's broken.
    11-21-08 10:10 PM
    Hey you guys describe the same problem, it just gets stuck is the problem. Not to be rude, but I'm glad my phone isn't the only one.. meaning RIM if you are reading this please send a software update to help us? Other than the laggy transitions and "getting stuck sideways" I will dub it.. I like the phone.
    11-21-08 10:13 PM
    Just got mine around 430. Just walked into best buy and they had them. Mine got stuck in landscape once. Did a battery pull and its been okay. Accelerometer has been okay. Lags occasionally. Hopefullly its just the current software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 10:13 PM
    hey i addressed this in my post not 5 min ago over @
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/spe...ormance-99011/
    its on my latest entry but should help w/ that and other things.. ENJOY
    11-21-08 10:30 PM
    Yea i love the phone but the accelerometer draging when i'm tryin to send a text sucks!!! I hope this issue is fix fast
    11-22-08 01:53 AM
    Mine sucked until I did the battery pull. Now it's not bad at all.
    11-22-08 01:53 AM
    I hear a update will be release Monday to fix the lag issues, which should address the screen flippy thingy.
    11-22-08 01:56 AM
    I tend to only have problems when i lay the phone out flat and then pick it up.. if you orient it perpendicular to the ground in whatever orientation you want, i usually dont have the screens orientation wrong for more then 2 seconds... maybe its just me.
    11-22-08 01:57 AM
    I was having the same problem. I think I may have figured out the issue. If I hold the storm at an angle (think a similar angle as reading a book) then I do not have accelerometer issues. If I hold it parallel to the floor with my head directly over it (similar to taking a putt) and rotate the screen then the accelerometer does not work as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:08 AM
    Yeah, I am having the same problem. The screen does not always want to flip when I turn the phone. Plus mine always has a white strip the size of one app. down the right side when I get done re sync'ing it.
    11-22-08 10:12 AM
    Oh yeah, it sucks at streaming video!
    11-22-08 10:12 AM
    I have has the same issue. My accelerometer just won't flip. However, i have found a solution. It is a little long, but when you really need a Landscape view to get the full QWERTY board this helps.

If it is stuck in Portrait view, 1. Lock your device, 2. Turn it on it's side, 3. Click the screen, 4. Unlock it and it is in Landscape view
    11-22-08 03:18 PM
    mine sucks as well and lost today the screen completly looked like a snowy tv set without and signal, after a reset it came back up thankfully but still so awfully laggy. we need a os update soon or vzw will have so many instock bc nobody wants it. How long does you camera take to actually take a picture
    11-22-08 03:41 PM
    My accelerometer works great, much faster, and more responsive then my ipod/iphone. Beats it all the time when i let it go heads up. I can say that the storm's accelerometer works too good haha it sometimes switch without you wanting it to, but switching it back is candy. Even my iphone/ipod touch does that sometimes.
    11-22-08 03:58 PM
    i second that prodig.. my phone is running BEAUTIFULLY! i couldnt be happier right now. did a little test w my buddy and it was turning better than his ipod touch
    11-22-08 04:02 PM
    So what software version do you have guys?
    11-22-08 05:04 PM
    Uninstall anything you don't use... go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications... then highlight any apps you don't use (if you don't know what an app is, Google it first, you don't want to delete anything you need), press the BB button and select delete. You don't have to do the phone restart (it will tell you that a restart is necessary to complete the deletion) until after you delete all the apps you want to , then do the restart at the end.

I found that getting rid of Visual Voicemail, VZ Navigator has helped speed up the phone. It's like a computer, the less resources being used by the phone, the faster it will be.

As for the "slow" camera... the "camera shutter" sound actually lags more than the camera. Do your own test... put your watch in front of the camera when it reads "00" for seconds, press the shutter button, see how many seconds go by before you hear the sound, the look at the pic and see how many seconds were shown when the pic was taken... with mine, the sound was at 4 seconds, the picture was at 1 second. Remember is you hold the shutter button (the right side convenience key) down only part way, it will focus, pressing it down the rest of the way takes the pic, or skip the focus and press the button the whole way down the first time to take an immediate pic.
    01-02-09 12:50 PM
    Anybody notice their accelerometer being JANKY? Many times, after "waking up" the phone, it gets stuck in the horinzontal mode and won't go back. No matter how many times I shake the phone, turn it this way that way upside down, inside out, it gets STUCK?!?!?! It's driving me insane... I tried turning off the phone 3x and it stilll does it.

In addition to that, it's a bit laggy at times when going through applications exiting and entering another application.

Anybody else experience this? Are there any updates to the OS? I have 4.7.0.65.
    mine does the same ****, ive thrown a couple of times b/c of it
    03-04-09 09:21 AM
    upgrade ur os
    03-05-09 12:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD