So I had to meet up with my cousin after he gets off work. So I think wow a great time to test out my new navi (storm) I easily already know the directions to get there, but I still wanted to test it out. I do a local search for Circuit city (where my cousin works) and I get closest result 50 mi away. I thought it was just a fluke searched again. same thing. Closed VZ navi and reopened it same thing.

here is a google link to how many Circuit cities are near me:
    circuit city 95843 - Google Maps

and VZ navi couldnt even show me one of those.

So still wanting to test out my navigator I search the gas station thats just across the street from circuit city. Navigation works great!!! once it knows where its going. I meet up with him because I owed him money I walk into the gas station and the ATM was busted. Well I knew of a wachovia down the street. I make the drive to the bank withdrew the money and as I was waiting for my cousin to get there I did a search with VZ navigator for wachovia thinking it would be funny to be searching... you reached your destination. well it didnt it said the closest one is 5 miles away.

Cliffs:
    VZ navigator is horrible how dare Verizon charge $10 a month for a horrible app.
    11-27-08 03:05 AM
    Yeah $10 for an icon on your screen hahaha and nothing else

Ugh add that to the OS update list

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:09 AM
    i prefer things like google maps and bb maps...

I do have a seperate garmin navi that I use once in a while but I find mapquest or something works well...
    11-27-08 03:20 AM
    Google maps rocks! Saved my skin many times. I'd recommend it to anyone

11-27-08 03:22 AM
    When Google supports the GPS I'll use it. I messed around a bit with both, though never driving and found VZ Navigator pretty straightforward to use, but BB Maps is about the clunkiest, most un-intuitive thing I've ever seen.
    11-27-08 03:27 AM
    I really am looking for a navi application. Hopefully google have a navigation option. I've never used them on a mobile before.
    11-27-08 04:09 AM
    When Google supports the GPS I'll use it......but BB Maps is about the clunkiest, most un-intuitive thing I've ever seen.
    Google does support the GPS as I use it all the time (no turn by turn navigation...but it does pinpoint your location)

BB Maps is fine on my phone so...so perhaps it may just be your OS version.
    11-27-08 04:41 AM
    Google does support the GPS as I use it all the time (no turn by turn navigation...but it does pinpoint your location)

BB Maps is fine on my phone so...so perhaps it may just be your OS version.
    On your bold? or storm... because no forum members are able to get their storms to use GPS only triangular location. If so your storm... how?
    11-27-08 04:48 AM
    Sorry to hear about your VZ Navigator experience. i've been using VZN for 3-4 years (it's one of the reasons i switched to VZW) and i've found it very accurate, helpful and timely. i take a lot of road trips and i've been very satisfied with the function of VZN.

The local search is great for finding hotels and restaurants! i think it is lacking in some other searches and may need to be expanded and updated. i now use Live Search in conjunction with VZN for searches.

i love the turn-by-turn voice directions of VZN though, the traffic alerts, place messages, and the re calculate features; also that it's so portable is a big plus for me, especially for airplane trips!

It is great that everyone is getting a free month of VZN and i hope it works out better!

11-27-08 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD