I will apologize for the long a** post ahead of time, I ramble on sometimes....

I started out many years ago with verizon(stuck with them 10 years now), began out with a qualcomm, moved to a Startac(still my favorite to this day, it was expensive but worth every peny quality and ease of use). then got an LG(dissapointed at first but liked it in the end). Almost jumped ship when the razor came, then verizon got one too and i bought it.... but then so did everyone and their mother(literally). The phone was well put together and the only thing I didn't like was how Verizon crippled it. (I wish motorola will get their heads out of their asses and make something worth while again.) so I found out how to re-program it and loved every minute of it.
    Then the iPhone comes out, I am about ready to jump ship again. in my area though Verizon can't be beat with coverage. so I waited some. looked at the BB's a little but didn't like the buttons on the bottom, and thought the only thing they were good for was business email. (i was a little naive before I got to crackberry) I hear about the Voyager, and I say " I gotta have it" it should be like the iPhone(to my dismay not even close). I've had the LG for over a year now, and the best thing I can find about it is the QWERTY. The touch screen is very picky about when it wants to respond) and I open it up 90% of the time to do anything but make a phone call. (why did I avoid the BB??)
    so I start combing thru the web looking at phones and such contemplating the switch. I love the iPhone simply due to the way it surfs the web, but I hear my sister, who has one, complain all the time about lost calls and crashes. I find myself using the web more and more on my phone but the experience on the voyager is lacking.
    Now the storm comes around and appears to be the first real competition to the iPhone. We wont know if it is really a killer, but it has the most potential and a huge third party support team from what I gather. I can tell that the Storm will not be for everyone(and not just for the carrier) I will always miss a physical keypad but think the Click thru is absolutely going to help. no wifi?? as long as I got EVDO I don't think it is an issue, when I tethered my lg to the laptop I got near DSL speeds, the data is getting there quick enough the problem is the phone can't render the pages fast enough.
    Well when I get my Storm, I will be sure to let everyone know how I like it, and you don't have to read thru the last 10 years. I am excited to be a blackberry owner, and can't wait. I think we will need to start a Storm first impression thread to keep all the reviews in one spot till the storm dies down a bit.
    Last edited by jdmkw; 11-09-08 at 09:25 AM.
    11-09-08 09:22 AM
    Wow, you won a storm? Congrats and hope it is everything your hoping for.

Yes it has been a long journey of phones..... I am right there with you, the good old days of the startac! I think motorola has definitely gone down hill. LG was my new fav, until the fonts kept getting smaller and smaller.

Currently very happy with my Curve. I think the Storm will be a great phone, but I don't think the touch screen is going to work to well with my Nails!
    11-09-08 09:35 AM
    Hey jdmkw - welcome to the CB family! Good luck with the Storm!
    11-09-08 09:36 AM
    Congratulations. I would have opened a new line with Verizon until I found out about AT&T's version. Enjoy your storm... don't forget to post back with your likes and dislikes (shouldn't be too many of those.)
    11-09-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD