Hey theres a my number section on the keypad display it says unknown though

so how do i get my number to show there ?

thanks
    03-25-09 11:20 AM
    Is your phone unlocked?

It auto displays the phone number, have you tried a battery pull?
    03-25-09 11:22 AM
    not its not unlocked its on vodafone

there is a little section on writing at the top of the screen when you have the keypad display up

it says my number - unknown

i want to know how to get it to say what my number is
    03-25-09 11:26 AM
    I'm not sure about the vodaphone versions, on the VZW version, it auto displays the phone number.

If anything, check under settings in the display options, and once again try a battery pull if you have not.
    03-25-09 11:28 AM
    battery pull is not happening for me erm i have noticed something in the sim card options a little worried about changing it though
    03-25-09 11:31 AM
    battery pull is not happening for me erm i have noticed something in the sim card options a little worried about changing it though
    what option do you speak of? And why are you not willing to pull your battery? You will not lose anything if you pull the battery.
    03-25-09 11:33 AM
    Try the battery pull / reboot stuff ... But it sounds like it's a programming issue. Here, it's *228 to activate / program ... or ##000000 and check for the two fields that should have your number. If you are unfamiliar with this, though ... it may be easier to make a quick call to Customer Service
    03-25-09 11:34 AM
    Try the battery pull / reboot stuff ... But it sounds like it's a programming issue. Here, it's *228 to activate / program ... or ##000000 and check for the two fields that should have your number. If you are unfamiliar with this, though ... it may be easier to make a quick call to Customer Service
    didnt mean i wouldnt do the battery pull i have done that and its not making any diffrence

as for the codes above i have no clue but thank you
    03-25-09 11:36 AM
    Hi, possibly my first post here and I get to answer a question! cool.

Go to Options on the main menu screen, then advanced options and "Sim Card". Click the blackberry button to bring up the menu and choose "Edit SIM Phone Number". Enter your phone's number and click return on the keyboard to save.

Voila, it should now appear on your dialling screen.

PM
    03-25-09 11:40 AM
    on vodafone what you'll need to do is go into the programming of the phone and change the MDN. since it uses a SIM card all the programming is on there, so the stuff on the phone is for "display purposes only" so to speak. if you search for "wrong mdn showing" you'll find what you're lookin for, been beaten to death with a broken gibson les paul for sure...
    03-25-09 11:42 AM
    Hi, possibly my first post here and I get to answer a question! cool.

Go to Options on the main menu screen, then advanced options and "Sim Card". Click the blackberry button to bring up the menu and choose "Edit SIM Phone Number". Enter your phone's number and click return on the keyboard to save.

Voila, it should now appear on your dialling screen.

PM
    that worked a treat cheers mate
    03-25-09 11:49 AM
    I have a similar problem but it's slightly different.

I just bought a Blackberry Storm from a friend and unlocked it. I am now using the phone with my ATT sim card, but the phone number displayed as "My number" is his old phone number. I can not find a way to get it to recognize my phone number as the new number. I can call people, text, receive calls etc., and it is the correct number. My sim card, recognizes my number also. But because his old number is displayed as "my number", other options like voicemail is screwed up. (although i did change the voicemail number to my number which corrected that) But it's an aggravating situation that I haven't found a solution for yet.

Any suggestions?
    03-30-09 09:20 PM
    I have a similar problem but it's slightly different.

I just bought a Blackberry Storm from a friend and unlocked it. I am now using the phone with my ATT sim card, but the phone number displayed as "My number" is his old phone number. I can not find a way to get it to recognize my phone number as the new number. I can call people, text, receive calls etc., and it is the correct number. My sim card, recognizes my number also. But because his old number is displayed as "my number", other options like voicemail is screwed up. (although i did change the voicemail number to my number which corrected that) But it's an aggravating situation that I haven't found a solution for yet.

Any suggestions?
    i have the same problem. Any luck?
    03-31-09 01:59 PM
    i have the same problem. Any luck?
    ##000000, send button, then enter your 10- digit number in the top two fields.
    Last edited by vjdup; 03-31-09 at 02:13 PM.
    03-31-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD