I have an unlocked storm from verizon and using it with AT&T. When I open the call screen it does not show my number just random ones. does anybody know how to change this. I went into options and there is nothing there to display the right number in menu.

Thank you
    12-04-08 12:31 AM
    Check the SIM card menu. Does the SIM card have a number associated with it?
    12-04-08 12:37 AM
    Check the SIM card menu. Does the SIM card have a number associated with it?
    Yes it is an active sim with my number attached to it, But this storm was activated with verizon to have it unlocked then was sold to me. Now it just shows random numbers not the real one. I read that this can be configured in the NAM Settings (what ever that is).

Anybody have any idea?

Thanks
    12-04-08 01:01 AM
    That's not what I'm talking about. Under the SIM menu, it'll show a phone number listed on the SIM. This info is not the associated number for the SIM, but rather a setting you can write to the SIM card for display purposes. Check to make sure that it's there.

All else fails, just go into Phone (Send once) and then dial ##000000 and hit Send. Check to see what the number info is in there. You can enter the number info in there, but that's the CDMA programming screen. It's possible that the OS has a bug that keeps it from reading the right number off the SIM card, but again... if the SIM doesn't have a number written to it, it won't display correctly... this is how it's on GSM BBs.
    12-04-08 01:09 AM
    Did you even read my post above? The CDMA NAM is controlled via the CDMA programming screen ##000000.
    12-04-08 01:33 AM
    Did you even read my post above? The CDMA NAM is controlled via the CDMA programming screen ##000000.
    Sorry for that duplicate post. I did read it and the CDMA setting worked!!!!! Thank you very much for your quck response and help!

P.S. this is the best forum out there
    12-04-08 01:41 AM
    I have spent countless hours trying to fix this!!! and within a minutes and with a few clicks JRS helps me resolve this issue!!! i dont know what i love more my storm or crackberry.com!!
    12-13-08 06:53 PM
    That's not what I'm talking about. Under the SIM menu, it'll show a phone number listed on the SIM. This info is not the associated number for the SIM, but rather a setting you can write to the SIM card for display purposes. Check to make sure that it's there.

All else fails, just go into Phone (Send once) and then dial ##000000 and hit Send. Check to see what the number info is in there. You can enter the number info in there, but that's the CDMA programming screen. It's possible that the OS has a bug that keeps it from reading the right number off the SIM card, but again... if the SIM doesn't have a number written to it, it won't display correctly... this is how it's on GSM BBs.
    THANKS!!! Exactly what I was searching for!
    01-26-09 11:47 PM
    I do this and I get invalid password
    01-31-09 08:11 AM
    Thanks I had been searching for something like this!
    02-02-09 11:51 PM

Hi, I just got an unlocked Storm and I am trying to change the displayed number, I have T-mobile, on the SIM card menu, there is no number associated to my phone. Only and ID number comes out. Then on the CDMA programming screen, I tried manually changing the phone and nothing. The same phone number always comes up it never changes.
    Anything else I should try. Thanks.
    Last edited by GISTORM; 02-05-09 at 10:03 PM. Reason: missed info
    02-05-09 10:01 PM
    Sorry for that duplicate post. I did read it and the CDMA setting worked!!!!! Thank you very much for your quck response and help!

P.S. this is the best forum out there
    Civic definitely knows her sh*t!
    02-06-09 03:55 AM
    Just type in your phone number in options, advance, sim, edit sim card number in bb menu.

At least that's what I do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 06:19 AM
    Civic definitely knows her sh*t!
    Yes he does, this was exactly what I need it, now my phone displays the right phone # not Verizon's.
    02-15-09 12:05 AM
    I do this and I get invalid password
    6 Zeros is the code for Verizon CDMA programming screen. Some carriers lock it down with specific code derived from your ESN. Depends what branded Storm version you have.

Just type in your phone number in options, advance, sim, edit sim card number in bb menu.

At least that's what I do

Of course this works for you. It's how the 9500 works. The 9530 (CDMA enabled) version, that little part of the code seems to always pull from the CDMA radio programming rather then the "active radio". It would be nice if RIM could change the OS coding for this part to pull from CDMA radio provision if you're in CDMA or from the SIM card branded phone number if you're in GSM/UMTS mode. Seems only logical to me. I guess someone didn't think about that when they were writing the code.... primary reason why we're still in leaked beta mode right now and not final release mode.
    02-15-09 12:43 AM
    As CIVIC said i tried the ##000000, got into the menu, edit the phone number but I cant save it. It always goes back to same number
    06-11-09 11:28 PM
    i tried this too and mine also went back to the same number even though i saved it..
    06-15-09 07:42 AM
    Did you hit the dingleberry button and tap "Save" ?
    11-13-09 06:02 PM
    Yes he does, this was exactly what I need it, now my phone displays the right phone # not Verizon's.
    She ...........

11-13-09 06:24 PM
    6 Zeros is the code for Verizon CDMA programming screen. Some carriers lock it down with specific code derived from your ESN. Depends what branded Storm version you have.
    Any idea what the code is for Sprint? I have a phone from a co-worker and have been using it without the radio on. Trying to get the GPS to work I turned on the radio. Now I have a icon for voicemail. I don't want to screw up the other person's account. It is an 8330m and actual phone is on T-mobile.

[edit] wrong device forum I see. Most reliant topic though. I may just make a stop at Sprint on the way home.
    Last edited by 1berry2berry; 12-21-09 at 12:46 PM. Reason: to clarify.
    12-21-09 12:27 PM
    So Sprint rep said that the number is not associated with an account. Seems odd that I got a voice message prompt from a dead account. I can't call out on the phone so it really does not have service.

I will use as is I guess.
    12-21-09 09:35 PM

i try 5-6 time, but when i type ##000000 and then press green button, my mobile say invalid password. WHY?
    my storm was connected with telus what now it's work with T-mobile. it's worked very good. what i hate that number i want change my number. please help me.
    01-22-10 02:48 PM
    How can i change my number in Blackberry Storm 9530 Telus,but now I'm using with T-mobile.
    I already try 5-6 time with ##000000 , but when i type ##000000 and then press green button, my mobile say invalid password. WHY?
    my storm was connected with telus what now it's work with T-mobile. it's worked very good. what i hate that number i want change my number. please help me.
    Aman
    01-22-10 03:13 PM
    How can i change my number in Blackberry Storm 9530 Telus,but now I'm using with T-mobile.
    I already try 5-6 time with ##000000 , but when i type ##000000 and then press green button, my mobile say invalid password. WHY?
    Aman
    hello,

Did you find a way to change your number? I have a bell storm and I believe teh password for bell is ##111111 but when i try it I get a "usage of programming lock code exceeded" error. i guess I tried the ##000000 so many times.
    04-26-10 11:59 AM
    This was exactly what I was looking for! Seriously this forum is crazy amazing. JRS is a rockstar
    10-15-10 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD