i have a ringtone that i want to use as my sms ringtone.

im able to change it and it saves to the one i want, but when i get messages i just get the default beep... i have done battery pulls with no use....

i am running the new .148 OS
    05-23-09 10:46 AM
    Idk re: possible quirk w/.148.

@ times glitches can be fixed by setting a function 2 alternative/ default > save > reset 2 desired selection > save. U likely tried already.

I assume u r using Sounds > set ringtones/alerts &/or custom profiles.
    05-23-09 11:22 AM
    agree with trans, how are you going into the profiles to save? let us know the path you're using and we can try it and see what we get...

also, try using a different tone?

one other thing, when you saved the "media" onto your phone, did you let it scan the media and create a bbThumbs.dat file?

go to where the media is by following media>explore>memory card (or where ever you saved it).....blackberry>ringtones and bb button>show hidden and find the bbThumbs.dat file and delete it, then reboot, when it powers on it should re-scan and create a new one. if that file is not updated it could cause a lot of issues, like the profiles not contacting the proper media directory and when no sound is found it plays the default ringer.

hope it works.
    05-23-09 12:56 PM
    well, i got it working kinda....

it likes to decide when it wants to play the custom or default ringtone unless i am missing a pattern....

anyways, i just went to the ringtone profiles from the main screen.

it usually works when its locked, but it acts weird.
    05-27-09 03:39 PM
    do you have your phone plugged into the computer when it just beeps? If you have Mass Storage set to yes and its plugged in then the phone can't get to your card to play the custom ringtone, thus it will default to a beep.
    When unhooked it will work perfectly again.
    05-27-09 03:43 PM
    ummm, i think it works correctly when i charge.... its just weird.... its usually when the phone is unlocked that it just does the default..
    05-27-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD