ok dont get mad cause i have a question about my app memory but looking at all the threads about memory loss i still havent found one as severe as my problem. I am currently running .148 and when i reboot my phone the highest my memory will be at is like 11 mb. once it only went up to 7mb and like in an hour id be at 0. I read somewhere that if you reboot your phone all you available memory should be back then leak if you have a memory leak problem, but I'm rebooting at 11mb! that cant be all that i have left....what am I doing wrong?
    08-23-09 10:02 PM
    The app memory you are booting up with is pretty low. What do you have installed on your device (apps, themes, etc) that did not come stock on the device?
    08-23-09 10:04 PM
    ok dont get mad cause i have a question about my app memory but looking at all the threads about memory loss i still havent found one as severe as my problem. I am currently running .148 and when i reboot my phone the highest my memory will be at is like 11 mb. once it only went up to 7mb and like in an hour id be at 0. I read somewhere that if you reboot your phone all you available memory should be back then leak if you have a memory leak problem, but I'm rebooting at 11mb! that cant be all that i have left....what am I doing wrong?
    Why dont you upgrade to .151? What applications are you running.
    08-23-09 10:07 PM
    ive already deleted a couple but right now i have
    pandora
    you mail
    viigo
    quicklaunch
    ubertwitter
    youtube
    facebook
    fml
    bolt
    meterberry
    myspace
    berrywars
    nuckchorris
    appworld
    appstore
    itookthisonmyphone
    forceradioon
    freddy falling
    quickpull
    shotgun
    parking lot
    berry buzz
    bbtran
    cointoss
    berrytorch
    bartender pro
    flickr
    08-23-09 10:10 PM
    Wow. Pare those down, they are all residing in your app memory, and you have a couple of large apps in that list.

If you don't use it, drop it, and follow the instructions here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ to free up more memory. should notice a big difference.
    08-23-09 10:13 PM
    Eat more cold water fish. No seriously, I reboot I have like memory of 39. Do you really need all that stuff?
    08-23-09 10:17 PM
    What does your RMS database read? You have way too many apps, and most of those are eat up memory.

If you want to have that many apps and feel comfortable without extreme maintenance, upgrade your OS to .151. I could guide you through the easy process if youd like.
    08-23-09 10:25 PM
    yea i tried to upgrade to .151 but had some trouble...any tips would be appreciated
    08-23-09 10:26 PM
    I think you'll be ok. Do the update to .151 and make sure you use shrink OS in the process. You should be able to keep all those apps and still be at 20-25mb.

Here you go http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/cr...s-load-273332/. Just follow the steps and report back.
    08-23-09 10:28 PM
    ya upgradeing to OS .151 would help along with shrinking the OS. i have like 60 apps and memory holds steady at 30 all day.
    08-23-09 10:30 PM
    i'd suggest checking your database sizes, so you know what else (besides apps of course) is taking up room, and how much room...
    08-23-09 10:55 PM
    Also, if your phone is smoking alot of marijuana, it can have short term memory loss effects.
    08-23-09 11:01 PM
    yea i tried to upgrade to .151 but had some trouble...any tips would be appreciated

follow this process and you should be fine

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    08-23-09 11:51 PM
    Also, if your phone is smoking alot of marijuana, it can have short term memory loss effects.
    Huh? That would explain it
    08-23-09 11:54 PM
    Ya dude I would prolly tighten up that app list prolly giving you all those problems with memory leak
    socialblackberry.com
    08-23-09 11:56 PM
    If u haven't tried already, do a wipe before u reload OS. Take a look @/post in>http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/.

Doubt problem is amount of apps/files but if u have a ton of msgs/call log entries, delete em & verify pics/videos r not in device memory (camera/video > menu > store pics/videos > on media card). Also clear browser cache operations & delete dl'd themes.
    08-24-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD