Well, i guess it was bound to happen. My launch day storm (first in line and picked up 2) died yesterday. It was superfast, buttons worked great, screen clicked and felt great. no issues whatsoever. No idea how it happened, but the screen just died. no images at all. the phone works, i get calls and messages, the touch screen works (i can open up my phone pad and speed dial since i know the position of the numbers). I can call voicemail and i know where the keypad button is and the numbers to erase and all that. but i can't read/see anything. went to vzw and they have to order me a refurb, none in stock. i now have to go back to my old lg vx8700...

in other news, while i was there the tech mentioned that vzw was hoping to release os 4.8 by the first (not sure of may or june), which i found strange since we know they r bypassing and going to 5.0.. anyways, just can't believe my storm is done. i'm just more worried about getting the programs over since some (like tetherberry) only allow for 1 pin # switch and i'm looking that the niagra..
    05-04-09 08:56 PM
    sorry for your loss...

that tech is a n00b btw...don't believe rumors...
    05-04-09 09:01 PM
    Perhaps the screen connector came loose?

Care to carefully open it up and take a look?
    05-04-09 09:22 PM
    I hope my brand new 'old' storm does not DIE like that. Still original al the way through works PERFECT. .If not gotta upgrade!
    Well, i guess it was bound to happen. My launch day storm (first in line and picked up 2) died yesterday. It was superfast, buttons worked great, screen clicked and felt great. no issues whatsoever. No idea how it happened, but the screen just died. no images at all. the phone works, i get calls and messages, the touch screen works (i can open up my phone pad and speed dial since i know the position of the numbers). I can call voicemail and i know where the keypad button is and the numbers to erase and all that. but i can't read/see anything. went to vzw and they have to order me a refurb, none in stock. i now have to go back to my old lg vx8700...

in other news, while i was there the tech mentioned that vzw was hoping to release os 4.8 by the first (not sure of may or june), which i found strange since we know they r bypassing and going to 5.0.. anyways, just can't believe my storm is done. i'm just more worried about getting the programs over since some (like tetherberry) only allow for 1 pin # switch and i'm looking that the niagra..
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:26 PM
    (playing Taps in background)

We are gathered here today to mourn the passing of an original Storm. Those wishing to pay their respects, please step forward.
    05-04-09 09:31 PM
    It must be hard having to go back to an older phone, I feel for you, hope Verizon can get you one ASAP.
    05-04-09 09:39 PM
    I feel your pain...

05-04-09 09:46 PM
    My condolences.

...please recycle.

05-04-09 09:53 PM
    You gotta be strong. We're here for you!

05-04-09 09:56 PM
    lol it's really tough going back. i just hope the refurb i get works half as well as this one did. fiancee switched hers out 3 times and teh screen click just doesn't match mine.
    05-04-09 10:06 PM
    Oh give me a stinkin break already! It's a freaking phone not a family member...if you have insurance use it,otherwise go to Lowes,buy some lumber,build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

05-04-09 10:06 PM
    Oh give me a stinkin break already! It's a freaking phone not a family member...if you have insurance use it,otherwise go to Lowes,buy some lumber,build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

lol woah there buddy, relax. if u can't deal with some comic relief get outta here. stick to ur own forum if u got nothing productive to say or don't wanna participate. obviously u left the storm for a reason, so u should know some of the difficulties that can occur with the phone and this one worked so well i don't want to have to deal with the headaches. jeez. and if u paid attention, u would have realized i already went to vzw to get it replaced and they have to ship me one. chillax, take a xanax.
    05-04-09 10:10 PM

Back to the Curve forums, troll!
    05-04-09 10:35 PM
    I too feel for your loss. My launch day Storm has been with in an arms length since that first day.
    05-04-09 11:03 PM
    i think I recall sitting on the forums about 5 hours before the store opened and talking with people about if we were leaving to go wait in line ahah

I did was first in line and waited for a while was cool..

hopefully mine lasts
    05-05-09 12:05 AM
    Philly, Sorry for your lose.
    @tubbs *chuckling @ playing taps* didn't want to laugh but that was funny.
    05-05-09 12:10 AM
    Wish it wasn't so. Mine and my wife's are still going from release day. Hope your new one will be as good as your old one.
    05-05-09 12:42 AM
    That sucks dude. Who knows you may luck out an get a better one.

05-05-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD