So I also was fortunate to find a VZW manager who let me try his Storm. I know a lot of people are flipping out over the glitches in the accelerometer and a few other things. Chill out !
    The one I tried seemed to be hit or miss on the accelerometer. The first couple of times I flipped it back and forth, it was lightning quick ! Then I activated the music player. That was when all **** broke loose. I flipped it on it's side and all of a sudden there were home screen icons over the album art. I tried to exit out of the music player, which it did, but it took a few seconds. The manager told me the OS upgrade that will be available right away, will be OTA. I am not sure if that's possible, but I hope so !!
    On to the pros. The screen has completely stolen my heart. There was a trailer for Babylon A.D. which looked better than my TV set ! I was also very impressed with the screen transitions. VERY SMOOTH. I took a few photos with the camera which looked very nice. You can't really tell until you load them onto your computer and view them though. Next came the browser. Absolutely loved it !! It is definitely a pleasure to surf on !!
    So my initial opinion after 5 minutes with the Storm ? The Storm is FRICKING AWESOME !! Granted, we may need a few OS updates to get it running smooth, but like others have said, it's a first generation. I think the masses are gonna love it !!
    11-14-08 08:50 PM
    awesome, you just hyped me up even more for the storm.
    11-14-08 08:51 PM
    god i wanna see this thing, let alone switch providers and get it.
    11-14-08 08:52 PM
    Wireless OS updates will be available, carriers can push the updates to you wirelessly. You can even select the component you would like to upgrade.
    11-14-08 08:55 PM
    this is gonna be grrrreat, i'm so glad i waited for this phone, aren't you guys??
    11-14-08 08:58 PM
    god i hope its good enough to finally dump my att iphone, I love the iphone but hate att
    11-14-08 09:03 PM
    god i hope its good enough to finally dump my att iphone, I love the iphone but hate att
    well i think you have a win-win situation ahead of you; you'll love verizon AND the storm!
    11-14-08 09:06 PM
    this is gonna be grrrreat, i'm so glad i waited for this phone, aren't you guys??
    so happy i didn't jump on the iphone bandwagon, i just really hope the storm fulfills my needs, if not, i think i just might have to jump ship and accept AT&T's crappy service
    11-14-08 09:07 PM
    oh man im in the same boat
    11-14-08 09:08 PM
    It's nice to see one of the long time obsessed stalkers get their hands on one of these babies.....nice write up...
    11-14-08 09:10 PM
    It's nice to see one of the long time obsessed stalkers get their hands on one of these babies.....nice write up...
    Man, I literally just held it in my hands for like a minute and stared at it. It was like holding a check for a million dollars. OK, not quite, but you get the idea. I think all the reps gathered around me thought I was crazy. lol.
    11-14-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD