Ok... another replacement story

I have a brand new Storm and it was freezing up on me. I call Verizon and they sent me a certified replacement... which I was upset about. I called and told them I was disappointed and they ended up sending me a new Storm. I received the new Storm and now I have new set of problems.

1. the Screen on the edge is very hard to press. It take some force to click.
    2. It seems there is more of a gap along the screen than my previous Storm.

I really don't want to go throught moving and setting up a new Storm... Verizon, what gives?
    01-23-09 06:17 PM
    the storm still has problems, give it a couple days and see if the screen gets easier to click.
    01-23-09 06:20 PM
    You got what you asked for. No, wait a minute, maybe you didn't.
    01-23-09 07:13 PM
    loosen the torx screews, worked wonders for me.
    01-23-09 08:38 PM
    just use the damn phone . these complaints are so insane. the phone gets so much better over time its unexplainable... why people are so damn picky is beyond me... my launch storm had the exact same issues and works so well now its unreal... kinda like breaking in a new car
    01-23-09 08:43 PM
    My original Storm had no hardware issues except dust getting under the screen... so I had them send me a new one. Because it was over 30 days, they sent me a FRU that kept rebooting itself (20-30 times a day). Even after 6 or 7 OS wipes and reinstalls. So they sent me another FRU. That one had the same hard to click screen issue yours does and srewing in or out the torx screws didn't help (neither did the business card trick). So they sent me another one, only this time they sent me a brand new one. NO ISSUES. Are you within your 30 days? Are they sending you FRUs? If FRUs are the problem, ask them to send you a brand new one. They may, or may not, but its worth a shot.
    01-23-09 08:50 PM
    New one coming on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    01-23-09 10:09 PM
    New one coming on Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Stop reading all the nay sayers! This is a great phone!
    01-23-09 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD