Hey this was my idea!!! I put a thread together about it but I thought it would look aweful and it would not scroll correctly! Good job putting it together OP and making it waterproof! Screw all of the haters if it works for you then I am happy for you! can't say that I would do it with my holster though! Lol!
    01-23-09 01:14 AM
    Odd concept with proven results, can't argue with that! Nice idea and great post.

I will continue to wait for OtterBox
    01-23-09 04:45 AM
    i keep mine in a condom it keeps the dust out and smells like cherries its a win win
    01-23-09 05:46 AM
    Look, its dental damn!!!!!!!

Well, Im sure everyone has seen the screen wiggle fix.....my idea would be to have a screen protector with "flaps" that folded over the sides of the screen to help cover the edges to keep the dust out. It would also help the wiggle. Application may be a bit dodgy but when done right, may work.

The ultimate would be to take the screen out, apply the protector, reassemble and enjoy a dust, wiggle, scratch, smudge free device. This option is obviously not for everyone.
    Last edited by Carbon Coupe; 01-23-09 at 06:01 AM.
    01-23-09 05:58 AM
    ...and I thought my family had issues.

Plastic wrap on your remotes???? you are somehow joking right??? Please tell me that this is a funny????

I laughed my A$$ off when I first read this, then I thought about the many paranoia that people have. So yours is dust??? Mine is Snakes and large Spiders (real big ones).

I am glad that we only communicate on forums, I eat food that has fallen (5 second rule), I let the dogs lick the plate sometimes, share food with small kids, stuff like that. I can not comprehend wrapping a PHONE in plastic wrap to keep dust out. That is priceless,

To each their own...........

Thanks for the laugh, it has honestly made my day. We are not laughing at you, we are laughing with you.......right.

Have a good day
    01-23-09 06:53 AM
    That is great reading with the first cup of coffee for the day. LOL
    01-23-09 07:09 AM
    why are you guys making fun of him? any kind of idea is a good idea no matter how stupid you think it is. None of you will be laughing when you start to get dust under the screen. If it was someone more popular on this forum who suggested it, you would be kissing their ***.
    01-23-09 07:13 AM
    I love the idea and the pics make it even more enjoyable.
    MacGyver would be proud!
    01-23-09 07:22 AM
    I would have never thought that someone would seriously wrap their $600 phone in saran wrap.

but it must be working for ya!
    01-23-09 07:34 AM
    I would have never thought that someone would seriously wrap their $600 phone in saran wrap.

yeah and i bet you never thought a 600$ phone would get dust between the screens either huh
    01-23-09 07:50 AM

I di not pay 600 for mine
    01-23-09 07:57 AM
    you have syran rap on your phone?
    this is seriously the most ******** **** I've read on this forum.

I have mine in a sealed Tupperware container. It adds bulk, but nothing is getting on or in my phone.

lol

Last edited by Thalinor; 01-23-09 at 08:05 AM.
    01-23-09 08:00 AM
    Great idea! I tried standard Sarah wrap. But the material was too clingy and didn't swipe well. It also scratched too easy. So I'm wondering what type it is.

As for the idea of ZAGG making an invisi shield like this... Its a no go. I contacted them and they said they won't be altering or changing there full wrap. I would say, if you like the idea send an email to ZAGG and let's show them this thing would sell.

Also- I was very worried about dust for a few weeks when I got my replacement. I said screw it and have just been using it like normal. I'm already over 30 days with no dust when my first phone was toast after 2 weeks. Oh I also keep it in an Oakley microfiber bag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 08:08 AM
    instead of "bubble boy" we now have "bubble phone"..

Funny, but pretty sad that we need to go through such extreme measures to keep dust from getting in somewhere it should never be allowed to go..
    01-23-09 08:23 AM
    Oh man. I've got this morning headache thing today and I don't know if the laughing helped or not.
    01-23-09 08:30 AM
    yeah and i bet you never thought a 600$ phone would get dust between the screens either huh
    pfft all phone gets dust in the screen.
    i have a curve and there is a few little dust pieces in it.
    01-23-09 08:35 AM
    hahaaa. I love it.
    01-23-09 09:10 AM
    pfft all phone gets dust in the screen.
    i have a curve and there is a few little dust pieces in it.

ive never had a phone with dust under the screen...then again this is my first BB
    01-23-09 09:28 AM
    yeah thats the funniest **** i have ever head good luck with that and the rest of you saran wrap electronics and appliances
    01-23-09 09:36 AM
    wow! and not sure if anyone noticed, but is that his sofa?? cuz that also looks saran wrapped. notice the shine coming off of it?
    01-23-09 09:43 AM
    This thread just made work go by 30mins faster...

My weekend project will be wrapping my car in saran wrap....it will the keep the salt and dirt off of the paint
    Last edited by Mikelas; 01-23-09 at 11:10 AM.
    01-23-09 10:54 AM
    "Ghetto solutions for non-ghetto problems"
    Haha, I carry mine in a zip lock bag and before I put it in it, wrap it in a microfiber cloth (truth)
    01-23-09 11:28 AM
    I gotta agree with the person who said must be asian im half filipino but my aunt is full and she saran wraps all her remotes its so annoying
    Last edited by jayjay198324; 01-23-09 at 11:54 AM.
    01-23-09 11:50 AM
    I'm happy everyone got a good laugh with my post. I showed it to a co-worker and he didn't even notice it until I told him about it. Still dust free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:37 PM
    Im going to saran wrap all of my electronic devices. Then all the dust and crumbs and other goodies will never fall out of them. Pretty soon they will be like high-tech petri dishes, and I will sell them as bacterial warfare agents! I'll be rich!
    01-23-09 12:43 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD