Well, I just got my replacement Storm due to the dust. I was trying to think of ways to prevent dust from entering in to the screen. I was thinking of something from thin rubber/foam strips to applying some kind of layer like silicon. I decided to add a lac material that I have used before on electronic boards (and was also available in my school's lab). So the lac is a spray called "Solderlac" I applied the spray to the conner of a piece of paper to get it wet, and then used the paper to apply the lac around the screen. Hopefully, the lac will seal (or clogg) permanently any gaps that allow dust to get through.

Notes:
    1. The lac is cleanable (using alcohol) if it gets in other places e.g. the screen and the chrome.
    2. Be cautious not to spray too much because you might get more than you can handle on the paper.
    3. The lac is very hard (to impossible) to tell that it is applied. Therefore, there should not be any warranty issues. However, in the factory they might tell there is something there, if they really look hard, but I don't think they will make a big deal out of it.

More info on the Solderlac:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kUISTfQV
    http://www.elservtechno.ru/dwn/SolderlakSD.pdf

Edit:
    Hair lac or drawing artist's lac might do the job too. I just haven't tried/experienced with any of those.
    Last edited by haris163; 02-05-09 at 10:01 PM.
    02-05-09 05:27 PM
    I use a ziploc bag to keep sawdust out of my storm (I am serious). Works great, comes in boxes of 50-100 you can still see and use the touch screen and answer calls if you are using a Bluetooth earpiece. I use these while at work any other time my phone is Nekkid as the day it came out of the box.
    02-05-09 05:57 PM
    where would i be able to pick up this substance??
    04-22-09 11:22 PM
    I use a ziploc bag to keep sawdust out of my storm (I am serious). Works great, comes in boxes of 50-100 you can still see and use the touch screen and answer calls if you are using a Bluetooth earpiece. I use these while at work any other time my phone is Nekkid as the day it came out of the box.
    Yeah as do i, people tend to look at me funny, but i just look back and say "what? do you have a storm? then you dont know nothing about the dust!" then i walk off feeling proud!
    04-22-09 11:26 PM
    Yeah as do i, people tend to look at me funny, but i just look back and say "what? do you have a storm? then you dont know nothing about the dust!" then i walk off feeling proud!
    LMAO. That is genius.
    04-22-09 11:31 PM
    ha ha ha ha ha
    04-23-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD