anyone else have this problem with the LED flash?
    02-19-09 10:50 PM
    That happens with any camera with a flash. If not green they'll be blueish. You never noticed your dogs eyes outside in the dark if you shine a flashlight or something? Same thing
    02-19-09 10:53 PM
    So this is with any flash? because I've never had this problem until the LED flash for the storm
    02-19-09 10:57 PM
    It's ROBO-DOG!
    It's pretty common with dark night shots with not so great cameras
    02-19-09 11:01 PM
    Atleast he didn't turn into devil dog. I always get the cursed "Red Eye" when I take pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:05 PM
    That needs to be the next feature of the camera. and red (or green) eye fixer.

you select by cropping the eyes and a program will fix it for you.
    02-19-09 11:17 PM

That is a good idea. It would help all of the devil... Eeerrr... Lovely children to not look so menacing.

02-19-09 11:22 PM
    Feature already exists It's called Photoshop.

02-20-09 12:01 AM
    Feature already exists It's called Photoshop.
    I use photoshop daily but this feature should be in the phone. My old compact camera had this feature

02-20-09 12:12 AM
    Haha, I've seen this on nicer cams w/ my bro's pooch. Maybe it's more of a pet thing.
    02-20-09 12:55 AM
    It is a very common occurrence when a flash is used. As stated above, even high end cameras can produce the pet alien eye look if not used correctly. I agree Photoshop works great yet is rarely needed when using proper technique and/or a product such as Gary Wong flash attachments. I occasionally use the effect intentionally for some of my photo work. Can't say I have ever used the camera on my Storm...
    02-20-09 01:25 AM
    Common feature of dogs.
    02-20-09 01:26 AM
    Thats pretty cool!!!!!
    02-20-09 02:01 AM
    Laser vision!! You may still be under warranty if you have your receipt....then you could just send him back
    02-20-09 02:12 AM
    ask your dog to close its eyes?!

its to do with light reflecting off the back of the eye causing a reflection, animals have a tapetum lucidum... haha cant believe i am going into this... (camera operator)

helps improve visability in the dark basically. sometimes you see animals eyes in your headlights etc.

daylight pics should be ok. in the dark with a flash not really a hope.
    sorry.
    02-20-09 03:14 AM
    WOW!!!!!
    02-20-09 04:17 AM
    ask your dog to close its eyes?!

its to do with light reflecting off the back of the eye causing a reflection, animals have a tapetum lucidum... haha cant believe i am going into this... (camera operator)

helps improve visability in the dark basically. sometimes you see animals eyes in your headlights etc.

daylight pics should be ok. in the dark with a flash not really a hope.
    sorry.
    What he said lol...its normal for dogs eyes to do that

02-20-09 04:41 AM
    Comebackkidd I hope that was a hot fuzz quote link there!

Very cool if so! Haha

02-20-09 06:25 PM
    OK folks, Photo lesson. When a flash is too close to the lense, you will get the green eyes or red eyes on humans. The only way to avoid this is to move the flash away from the lens, upward is best. Now the hard part is there is no way to do that with a camera phone. Get used to using Photoshop and remove the red/green eyes. Not too hard to do once you get used to doing it. That is why you don't see Professional Photographers use on camera flash too much when photographing people usless they are bouncing the light off of the ceiling or a wall etc.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 02-20-09 at 10:01 PM.
    02-20-09 09:59 PM

anyone else have this problem with the LED flash?
    Tapetum lucidum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read this.
    02-20-09 11:35 PM
    did you ever consider the fact your dog might be part zombie?
    02-20-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD