The clock on my blackberry is off by one minute (big deal, maybe yeah.). I've got it set for network time and I just noticed this yesterday. My computer clocks, my TiVo's clock all say it's wrong.

I know I can use the blackberry's time but that goes off too. Any ideas?
    08-13-09 12:32 PM
    Try updating it in the clock settings? Lol and being off by one minute would annoy the crap out of me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:45 PM
    Try updating it in the clock settings? Lol and being off by one minute would annoy the crap out of me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, you see where I'm coming from. No, I have been in the options and you can either set it up manually with the time or have the network do it for you. Point is network time should be correct. I have a daily alarm going off a minute early every day.
    08-13-09 12:49 PM
    yeah, go into options, date/time, bb button, update time. this happened to me after i went back to .151 from 5.0 and updating the time fixed it.
    08-13-09 02:12 PM
    What was so damn confusing about this was the network time was correct but the clocks time was off. What I did to fix it was turn it from network time to off, saved, then went and turned it back to network time. That straightened everything out.
    08-13-09 02:13 PM
    I believe this is a known bug - even if it is set to network time it doesn't actually auto-update itself like you would expect to keep itself in sync with network time.

I don't know if this gets fixed in future OS revisions (and/or in 5.0) - I am on .151 and the problem is still there. Someone (Civic I believe) mentioned that with 5.0 the BB would auto-change timezones for you, so I assume that it will also auto-update to the network time. Hopefully we will find out for sure in the near future!
    08-13-09 02:18 PM
    lol sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I don't understand how the network time can be right but the clock displays a different time lol. Stupid phones! jk jk
    08-13-09 02:18 PM
    What the crap! I just checked mine, and it is off by 3 minutes!!! My clock on the phone says 3:08PM, but when I go into my date/time settings, it shows network time of 3:05PM, and I have my setting for date/time source of 'Network'.

I just figured out how to fix it..goto date/time settings, then hit menu button, then update time. it will then synchronize the 2 times to be network.
    08-13-09 03:07 PM
    What was so damn confusing about this was the network time was correct but the clocks time was off. What I did to fix it was turn it from network time to off, saved, then went and turned it back to network time. That straightened everything out.
    I've had this problem with every BB I've ever owned. And, the people I work with (on different models, on different providers) have the same issue.

The method you outline above is about the only way that I've been able to fix it as well. The one thing that I never used to do, but do all the time now, is to actually connect my phone to my PC and sync. I'm hoping that the "update device time" option will actually keep the clock in sync. Of course, if it does, this may be why people haven't been complaining about it in droves up to this point.
    08-13-09 05:28 PM
    I have mine set on BlackBerry time and it seems to be correct...as of now. Now that one minute or even two really matters...I'm always at least 5 minutes late no matter where I go!
    08-13-09 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD