help!!! I doesn't go on anymore... I have the bb storm and I've been trying to set my alarm so it will turn on and nothing... plz help me if you have any answer or ideas!!!!
    06-03-09 09:37 AM
    so can you set the alarm and it doesn't ring? or it won't let you set an alarm?
    06-03-09 10:25 AM
    Just do a battery pull if you haven;t already done so. What OS are you using?
    06-03-09 10:25 AM
    Mine didn't work this morning and I was late for work. The first time it didn't work. I checked all the settings and there were no changes at all. Very wierd.
    06-03-09 12:01 PM
    mine did the same this morning too.
    06-03-09 01:39 PM
    I am having the same issue, but I noticed that the alarm clock worked intermittently when I installed .132 on my device. I have since upgraded to the official .148 but it is not working at all since the upgrade.

I have checked all the settings, and mine is set to go off at 7am.

I also conduct a battery pull daily via QuickPull, so I'm not sure what is going on here.
    06-03-09 01:42 PM
    my alarm worked fine.

when you set the alarm, do you get the little "clock" by the date/time indicating an alarm is set?

when you go into your calendar, select options>general options>and change "show alarms" to "yes"...

do they show up in your calendar?
    06-03-09 01:45 PM
    Actually, now that I think about it, is anyone else that is having the problem using the Storm Slider? I also have installed this right around the time I started having the issues--just another possibility...
    06-03-09 01:46 PM
    my alarm worked fine.

when you set the alarm, do you get the little "clock" by the date/time indicating an alarm is set?

when you go into your calendar, select options>general options>and change "show alarms" to "yes"...

do they show up in your calendar?
    Yes, I am seeing all of the things you describe...
    06-03-09 01:48 PM
    then your alarm should work. there's something preventing it from working. Slider could be the issue. do a test. make an alarm for like 2 or 3 mins from now, and then lock with slider, and see if the alarm goes off.

if it doesn't, uninstall or disable slider and try again
    06-03-09 01:51 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Storm. (Sorry, I don't know what the Slider is. . . ) The clock shows a 7AM alarm, and I do get the onscreen message at that time, but no audible sounds. I've changed the audible tone, checked the sound profiles, and done a battery pull, and still -- nothing.
    06-03-09 06:06 PM
    if you have storm slider installed and on it will disable the alarm ring.

just tested it out. all you have to do is go to storm slider in options, hit disable app. and it will ring now
    06-03-09 06:19 PM
    Yes storm slider disables the alarm ring for whatever reason. I just disable slider under the slider settings when the clock is up and leave the clock up when at my bedside. I also had an issue tho when I was running 141 when it didn't ring....a batt pull fixed it but obviously it was no longer trustworthy. Now since upgrading to 148 I haven't had any issues (except with slider still) and am beginning to trust her again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 06:56 PM
    it's the app stormslide, read the whole thead please.

if you have storm slider installed and on it will disable the alarm ring.

just tested it out. all you have to do is go to storm slider in options, hit disable app. and it will ring now

see?
    06-10-09 10:53 PM
    are you using storm slider?
    06-10-09 11:59 PM
    My alarm wasn't working either when i upgraded to .148. I just had to open the options on the clock and change the alarm ring and then back again and it was working.
    06-11-09 12:38 AM
    I am having the same issue, i am running .113 I have been running that OS for a month or two with no issues then a week my alarm started acting up. no new apps or setting changes... when I go into my alarm settings and hit "try it" sometimes i get sounds other times i dont, I have done several searches and found this to be a common problem but no real solution. other than slider app which i do not have. and the .148 OS isnt official with verizon though neither is my .113 but other people with .148 have the issue so i doubt its the OS
    Um. .148 is official on verison. I'd suggest upgrading to it. Its very nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 01:34 AM
    Mine didn't work this morning and I was late for work. The first time it didn't work. I checked all the settings and there were no changes at all. Very wierd.
    My alarm (set using the Clock) doesnt work either. I just set everything in my calendar (which syncs with Google). Works great! And, you can set multiple alarms. Just make sure you have the calendar notify you (settings in Profiles).

Good luck!
    06-11-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD