A while ago I sold my Storm after a very frustrating first 10 days with it.
    Well, I ended up getting it back because the buyer threatened to sue me - she was claiming the phone was broken (basically, she, like me, didn't like the keyboard...) - when I said I wouldn't take it back she freaked out. Anyway, I ended up taking it back because I didn't feel like going to court over 500$. Instead, I took it to Vodafone Germany, explained to them that the keyboard didn't work right and they exchanged the phone for me.

The new one I got was even worse than the first one - the screen just wouldn't click at all in the corners. Instead of exchanging it again, I did the torx fix and WOW did that make a difference. I've had it for about three weeks now - I'm not typing ANYWHERE as fast as on my old curve - and frankly, anyone who claims that he types as fast on the Storm as on a physical keyboard either types extremely slowly or isn't being honest - but that's a different story. However, I can now type fast enough for my purposes. And I just LOVE the clickable screen. Am I the only one who constantly pushes down hard on regular touch-screens because you're expecting it to click? I'm scared I might break my old iPhone someday because of that.

Anyway, here are my ten reasons why I like the Storm better:

10. I can use it as a modem
    9. My instant messenger stays open in the background
    8. I like the OS much better because it can be customized more
    7. Viigo
    6. Google Sync
    5. Stereo Bluetooth
    4. I can install any darn app I want
    3. The Storm's much more ergonomic IMHO. The iPhone just doesn't fit my hands right - I constantly feel like I'm going to drop it any minute
    2. Push mail actually works on the Storm
    1. The clickable screen! It just feels more natural - any touch-screen smartphone will have to measure up to this in the future

and then there are some more reasons that didn't make it in my top ten: MMS-capability, I like the screen better (I really do) - I think it has better contrast, doesn't feel cold to the touch and I like that it's wider, I can use Garmin for turn by turn navigation and last but not least - my Storm was made in Hungary. I've been to Hungary many times and it just feels good to have a product that was made in the EU by people who work under decent conditions and who get paid decently.

All in all, the Storm is MY iPhone killer.

peter
    01-31-09 11:43 PM

All in all, the Storm is MY iPhone killer.

peter
    We are on the same SHIP!
    01-31-09 11:49 PM
    Honestly I can type faster on my Storm than on the keyboard of my sisters 8830. The keyboard on her 8830 is too small for my big fingers/hands. Her device is also too narrow for me unlike the storm which I use primarily in landscape mode and much easier to hold with two hands and type faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 02-01-09 at 12:24 AM.
    02-01-09 12:22 AM
    Those are some good reasons... the kinetic movement stuff would be nice on storm but so would clicking on the iphone... I think people who say the two phones are completely different are just not thinking... they are made for the same people to do just about the same thing...

BBerry storm may not be beating a phone that can have probably 10 times the amount of money thrown at it... as well as not being out for near as long
    but its a close race even at that

give it another few months.... this phone will be kicking *** once we get some more apps made specifically for it and a debugged OS
    02-01-09 01:38 AM
    Agreed on most points.

Only things I don't like better on my Storm are:

1. Browser just isn't as fluid as Safari, no matter which one I 'default'. But, Safari crashed almost 50% of the time I used it.

2. SMS grouping. I like the iPhone's text organization better.

3. Sensitivity and 'flicking' of the iPhone screen is smoother.

4. Media usage. The iPhone is the end all as far as iPod music, and it's photo browsing. The Storm is slow to render pictures and clunky as a music player for me.

5. Current apps available on iPhone are pretty good. They also crash a lot, too.

6. 3G on AT&T in my area(Miami) was definitely faster than Verizon. Or, the Storm browsers just don't render as fast. Dunno.

Things not mentioned that I like on my Storm better than iPhone 3G.

1. GPS. It blows the iPhone out of the water in this category. Much more reliable signal detection and wow, VOICE directions.

2. REMOVABLE BATTERY. 'nuff said here.

3. Folders for organization on Storm. SO useful.

4. Removable microSD card. I can now just pop the card into my Mac reader and swap pics, music, and videos without iTunes.

5. Messaging alert icons and alert LED. Thank God I can glance and tell if I have a message I may not have heard.

6. 2 quick launch buttons/camera shutter release button/camera flash.

7. BB Menu button. This makes the Storm so much more user friendly in every application.

8. Portrait AND landscape texting. Phew, been dying for this.

9. Word Mole ADDICT!

10. User adjustable sound profiles.

11. Individual text and message sound choices. Seems so small, but I use warning signals when the GF is trying to reach me.

There's a few more, but I think you get the point.

The pluses outweigh the minuses for me switching to the storm.
    02-01-09 01:40 AM
    Very happy I stumbled upon this thread tonight. I Actually just came back from a gathering where a friend had an iPhone 3G, and I brought out my storm. All of my friends flocked to my Storm, rather than his iPhone. He started saying "oh well the iPhone is better. the storm is a wannabe" and i was like, so can you name anything the iPhone does that you think is good?

Everything he named, the storm did. or better. The only place he had me on was applications, (And this dude didn't even have any applications. who gets an iphone with no applications?). but after March (Hopefully RIM plz?) It'll be right there with it. Its funny, no matter who I run into that thinks their iphone is god, they can't tell me what the differences are between the two, until I point out the iPhones major flaws.

No MMS
    No Video Recording.
    No interchangeable memory.
    No physical Battery incase of a crash

I mean, who wants a phone with a camera that doesn't SEND the pictures? lol. isn't that what they are for?
    02-01-09 02:18 AM
    One of my cousins boyfriend has the Storma nd he loves it. I have t-mobile and have a BB curve and would like to find and un-locked version in So California to buy. Anybody broken it yet???
    02-01-09 03:54 AM
    One of my cousins boyfriend has the Storma nd he loves it. I have t-mobile and have a BB curve and would like to find and un-locked version in So California to buy. Anybody broken it yet???
    this isnt an iphone. anyone can just call verizon and get it unlocked. (provided they have been a customer for 60 days or more)
    02-01-09 04:26 AM
    No insurance on the iphone
    sure you can extend the warranty but most of the time its the persons stupid fault for losing or breaking the damn thing. bb all the way
    04-03-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD