Ok, I'll start by saying this: I'd never seen this forum before about 3 weeks ago. I searched it out because of my interest in the Storm. I've never had a blackberry OR an iphone and was looking for info about both. I currently use an original LG enV, and I like it! I was looking for better email, txt and browser. I've lots of friends with iphones and most of them really like it. I just changed from PC to MAC and bought my first MACBook ever about a month ago...LOVE the new MACBook!! It just works...which is why I was so driven towards the iphone, but wanted to be fair and find out about other options ...and didn't really want to leave Verizon's network.

So....I went to my local VZW today, there was basically no one inside, and I asked to see a Storm. The manager said "sure" and handed me a Demo from the back. It was not activated and was using .61 (I checked). He told me they have 20 units in the back and expect to get no more before tomorrow. He also told me he is aware most Demo units have .65, and his understanding is the units he got in the PM today have .65 on them as well. He was instructed to flash all the units with the NEW revision BEFORE they are sold tomorrow AM. They will be in-house at 0530 to do just that. He's unsure of what the revision will be, but it WILL be greater than .65.

I had 15 minutes with the Storm, completely un-molested. Since I have really nothing to base my experience on, I'll say just this: I was really impressed with it. The screen is totally cool. There is absolutely no work involved with typing, and I found it easy. It took all of about 2 minutes for me to get used to it. I dunno how fast I type, but I don't feel it was any slower on the Storm than on my physical enV keyboard for me.

The browser wasn't active, so I can't comment, but the scrolling was just fine. I know it wouldn't be any big deal for me. The accelerometer was a bit sticky, but I found the more upright I held the device, the faster it worked. Since it's a physical switch, this made sense to me...for some reason.

The overall layout seemed cool, I've not used a Blackberry so I dunno if that's normal, but I liked it alot.

The screen was very clear, brilliant, the sound very clear and LOUD.

I think it's going to be a really great phone. I've been up in the air about it and now I think I'm just gonna go get it. I'm not a power user, but I spend alot of time online and txt'ing SHORT texts, and I have no doubt it's going to be great for me.

So, for what it's worth, handling the non-activated, low-revision Storm made me a believer.

Have fun tomorrow!
    11-20-08 07:32 PM
    thanks for the post.
    11-20-08 07:35 PM
    good info. thx
    11-20-08 09:29 PM
    Nice quick review. Thanks for the great info. Even more excited!
    11-20-08 09:41 PM
    Nice lil review there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 11:53 PM
    It's the only reason I joined CB 8 days ago.
    11-20-08 11:54 PM
    gosh i cannot wait!
    11-21-08 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD