Hi,

Im new with the storm, every time i touch the mute button nothing happens, what is happening, or em i doing something wrong or do i have to activate it somewhere..!

Thanks
    05-06-09 12:44 PM
    The mute button toggles between vibrate and active profile when locked only. Also, only if u have .75 OS and lower. Apparently any upgrades after, the button does nothing even when the phone is locked.

Just a suggestion for future questions u may have, search the forum next time.
    05-06-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks angels728, i upgraded the OS to .141 and yeah the mute button does nothing..! i hope in the NEWER OS does work
    05-06-09 02:01 PM
    Just a quick finding here....I have .141/hybrid on my phone, and the hold down MUTE to put the phone into vibrate mode was one of my fav. features of the original OS. I go into a lot of situations where I need to go back and forth (being a teacher, can't have it go off while I'm teaching). Well guess what? The feature still works!!

But only if you have a magnet case...I found this out by accident, had it it's case (Telus gives you one with the phone) in my pocket, and crouched down, and felt the phone vibrate....checked it, suddenly it's in silent mode. Turns out, IN MAGNET CASE/HOLSTER, IF YOU HOLD MUTE DOWN, it toggles silent/normal...doesn't have to be locked like it did in .76!
    05-06-09 02:11 PM
    U probably know: volume down key > mute.
    05-06-09 02:13 PM
    Just a quick finding here....I have .141/hybrid on my phone, and the hold down MUTE to put the phone into vibrate mode was one of my fav. features of the original OS. I go into a lot of situations where I need to go back and forth (being a teacher, can't have it go off while I'm teaching). Well guess what? The feature still works!!

But only if you have a magnet case...I found this out by accident, had it it's case (Telus gives you one with the phone) in my pocket, and crouched down, and felt the phone vibrate....checked it, suddenly it's in silent mode. Turns out, IN MAGNET CASE/HOLSTER, IF YOU HOLD MUTE DOWN, it toggles silent/normal...doesn't have to be locked like it did in .76!
    That's the same on 122. Its a bit annoying actually as I'm always setting it to vibrate only without realizing. Does anyone know a way to disable this?

Also mute button still pauses media playback.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 02:27 PM
    i wish it would go into standby like on other blackberries... why doesnt it do that on the Storm?
    05-06-09 02:36 PM

i have .141leak and this works also on my phone, must be the .141 part not the hybrid.
    05-06-09 03:43 PM
    i wish it would go into standby like on other blackberries... why doesnt it do that on the Storm?
    yeah, i loved that on my curve 8310, i want this too, the battery is going fast on my storm and im running .141,
    05-06-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD